Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[RESOLVED] Sort issue with the new Collections Feature

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
klpaint

[RESOLVED] Sort issue with the new Collections Feature

Post by klpaint » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:21 pm

I have been away from this for awhile so playing a bit of catch up.... This is also very new so might not be supported yet.

I am implementing the new "collections" feature of My Movies. I found this in their new iPhone app and really like what it is doing on my movie server.

As it is so new there are many collections that do not have the "sort title" filled in. When you go in and update it the CCC exporter does not pick up the change. This causes those collections to show up at the beginning of the lists on the clients.

There is a work around. If you do a full export it will pick it up. It is just when you update the "sort title" it is not picked up and will be at the very beginning on the client.

Hopefully that made sense. If not, let me know what else I can provide.

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Re: Sort issue with the new Collections Feature

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Hey Kevin.

Looks like you found a bug in the My Movies app. CCC depends upon My Movies to tell it when data has changed. Definitely post this on Binnerup's My Movies forum.

Here's a shortcut for you. When you do the full export, type the title you want to update in the search box. The full export will be restricted to titles that match the search string, plus CCC switches into append mode, so you don't lose all the other titles you don't export. A full export of all titles might take hours, this shortcut is much much faster.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter