Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v4.1] Playing MKV's in CMC 4.0 with CCC enabled

Chameleon CentralController (CCC) is used to export My Movies metadata directly to CMC's Movie DB, and manage User Accounts and Parental Restrictions, and tracks Watch History and WatchLists on a per-user basis.
cardinas

[Fixed in v4.1] Playing MKV's in CMC 4.0 with CCC enabled

Post by cardinas » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 pm

I just upgraded to CMC 4.0 and ran CCC. Now every time I try to play an MKV from a folder with CCC enabled, it won't play, as it tries to mount it like an ISO image file (CMC reports that the movie is located online on a disc). When I revert to CME with folder scanning, I can play my mkv's without issues. Why is this happening? Are my mkv's wrongly labeled in My Movies? Currently I am inputting MKV's in My Movies as being in online folders.... Is CCC not recognizing that the folders contain MKV's and not ISO's?

Thanks for your assistance.

Pauven

Re: Playing MKV's in CMC 4.0 with CCC enabled

Post by Pauven » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi cardinas,

I think I just replied to your email. I'll post my answer here as well.

Because the My Movies API doesn't export this info, CMC is supposed to scan the directory when you click Play, to see what kind of content to play. I'm not sure why this isn't working correctly for you, but I would like to fix it. I need you help, please do the following:

Take a screenshot of a directory folder showing the contents, and send that to me.

In CMC, enable Debug Logging, then try to play the same title you took a folder screenshot.

You can turn off debug logging, then send me all Debug PlayClick files in your Logs folder.

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter