Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Running MM Collection Management on the Clients PC's

Chameleon CentralController (CCC) is used to export My Movies metadata directly to CMC's Movie DB, and manage User Accounts and Parental Restrictions, and tracks Watch History and WatchLists on a per-user basis.
blctech

Running MM Collection Management on the Clients PC's

Post by blctech » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi

Got CCC working on the Win10 PC/server and a couple of Clients. A couple questions:

1. Can I install, run and use the MM Collection Management on the Client PC's along with the one on the Server PC? Will that cause any conflict?

2. If MM goes away or Brian stops supporting, what would be used as an alternate to add to the database Movie collection.

Moving from Windows Server 2012 to a NAS

By the way I moved the Server holding the DVD's from Windows Server 2012 to a NAS. I just had to rename the NAS to the old Windows Server 2012 name and renamed the the shared folder holding the DVD's to the same name of the shared folder on the Windows Server 2012. This kept all the paths in the MM database the same. No big deal. Works like a charm.

Pauven

Re: Running MM Collection Management on the Clients PC's

Post by Pauven » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:53 pm

1. Sure, no conflict.

2. Good question. Hopefully we don't have to find an answer.

Nice work on the server move. Though I believe My Movies has a feature to auto update all paths after you manually update the first title, so you can change server names and share names if needed.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

blctech

Post by blctech » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:32 am

Thanks. Good information.

On Collection Management saving the path and it updating all the rest, I thought that's what it did also, but I tried that and it did not work. I asked Brian in the Forum about that, and he never answered.

One thing on the CCC import from the database, a good number of my movies on one client do not show the path to the server on the CMC screen display of the movie data. Another client does not (it does show some movies with the path). Should not both be getting their data from the CCC?

Good work on the new CCC and software. I like it.

Thanks
Brian

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 pm

That's odd regarding the path not showing.

Are you running just a single copy of CCC, and pointing all CMC clients to the same CCC PC? (Hint: You should be.)

If so, do a Full Sync in each CMC client, then see if that resolves the issue?

Glad you like CCC, thanks!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:27 am

Hi Brian,

Any update on this issue? Are you still having a problem, or did the Full Sync resolve it?

Paul

blctech

Post by blctech » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi. I rebooted the server computer and reran the sync. The paths then did appear again on the movies. On thing I did find out that in MM Collection Management if you select a movie and click the disk symbol to change the path of the movie to the server by selecting the new server via selecting it, it will ask you if you wish to auto change all the other movie paths to that server.

If you just type in the path to the new server that option will not display. That little bit of information was left out of the documentation. Good info for others changing servers in MM

Brian

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:12 pm

blctech wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:03 pm On thing I did find out that in MM Collection Management if you select a movie and click the disk symbol to change the path of the movie to the server by selecting the new server via selecting it, it will ask you if you wish to auto change all the other movie paths to that server.

If you just type in the path to the new server that option will not display. That little bit of information was left out of the documentation. Good info for others changing servers in MM
That's a great tip. I didn't realize that simply typing in the new path wouldn't trigger MMCM to offer the auto-update option.

blctech

Post by blctech » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:24 pm

Yes, me too. III would never design it that way. Thanks for your platform