Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to Roadmap] Version 2.0 - Cover Type and a couple more things :)

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
ANDYK48

[Added to Roadmap] Version 2.0 - Cover Type and a couple more things :)

Post by ANDYK48 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello,
Just testing the great new version 2.0 release :)
The cover types for UHD 4K isos are not diplayed correctly. When choosing CMC cover types, a blu ray disc box cover is created for 4K movies.
Can this be fixed ?
Also:
1. Can we have the background art appearing like in WMC when choosing a movie ?
2. Is there a way not to show the info when mounting and unmounting the iso files and when launching the media player ? :) if these procedures were transparent it would look better :)

Thanks again for everything.

Pauven

Re: Version 2.0 - Cover Type and a couple more things :)

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey Andy,

I just tested, and I get the same result, 4K are showing as Blu-ray. That's a bug. I'll fix it promptly.

ANDYK48 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:36 pm 1. Can we have the background art appearing like in WMC when choosing a movie ?
I'm not sure how you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

ANDYK48 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:36 pm 2. Is there a way not to show the info when mounting and unmounting the iso files and when launching the media player ? if these procedures were transparent it would look better
Are you talking about the 2nd line that shows the path? Or both lines? Please be specific about what you want to hide, and I'll add an option for it.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Andy, if you are referring to the text stating that it is mounting the disk and starting the player, I really like to be told what is happening. I have had so many software packages not telling me what is going on and taking so long to load, that I get annoyed because I don't know what the software is doing. It can take 30 seconds, or more, for my Drobos to wake up and load so I am happy to know what is going on behind the scenes. Also as a former developer, I know that I can tell Paul, or someone, at just what spot the software broke should something go wrong.

Paul may be able to apply a setting to turn this information off, but the settings section could get to become too cumbersome if he creates a switch to turn on or off every little piece of the app.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Hey Jamie, I hear you, and have the same concerns about making too many switches.

It just so happens that this switch was already something I was thinking about doing, so when Andy mentioned it I figured it was time. Like you, I like the extra info, but it had occurred to me that this wasn't pretty and that some users may prefer a streamlined approach (which is how older versions of MM Browser looked).

I am planning a major cleanup of the Settings screens. I don't like how they are today, it's just too overwhelming. But I did it this way because a year ago I didn't know what settings I needed, or what features I would add. Now that it's getting closer to completion, I feel I can finally organize the settings in a meaningful way.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:01 pm

That's great. I believe that we both are happy. Always keeping the customer satisfied

ANDYK48

Post by ANDYK48 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello,
Thanks for the answers :)
I am too a developer and I think that when an application has its most settings available to the user to configure accordingly presents the best value for everybody :) It is true though that the settings menu in CMC needs "re-arrangements".

1. Can we have the background art appearing like in WMC when choosing a movie ?
With the above I was referring to Mymovies capability of Movie backdrops and Rolling backdrops. Upon choosing a movie a backdrop or rolling backdrops related to the movie were shown transparently on the background.

2. Is there a way not to show the info when mounting and unmounting the iso files and when launching the media player ? if these procedures were transparent it would look better
I was referring to both lines showing the location details of the iso file + the information shown when mounting, unmounting the iso file and launching the media player of choice. These are not necessary for most users and an option to disable this info in order to provide a cleaner experience would be nice.

Thanks again for everything :)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:44 pm

ANDYK48 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:37 pm 1. Can we have the background art appearing like in WMC when choosing a movie ?
With the above I was referring to Mymovies capability of Movie backdrops and Rolling backdrops. Upon choosing a movie a backdrop or rolling backdrops related to the movie were shown transparently on the background.
Sorry, I'm still having trouble visualizing exactly when and how this will look. I really need a screenshot.

ANDYK48 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:37 pm 2. Is there a way not to show the info when mounting and unmounting the iso files and when launching the media player ? if these procedures were transparent it would look better
I was referring to both lines showing the location details of the iso file + the information shown when mounting, unmounting the iso file and launching the media player of choice. These are not necessary for most users and an option to disable this info in order to provide a cleaner experience would be nice.
So I've been working on this, and was doing 3 levels: Quiet, Verbose, and Debug. The current behavior would be Verbose, and Debug would show the actual mounting command being sent to the external player. Quiet would be no secondary status line, and the primary line would only show Mounting & Playing.

But you caught me off guard with your answer, it sounds like you want absolutely no info at all. So, if you click to play a movie, and it requires mounting an ISO, this might take 10-20 seconds, right? What do I show during this 10-20 seconds to illustrate what is going on? Nothing? I think with no feedback at all, a user might think the program is hung. Could I show "Playing", or do you really want absolutely nothing?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm

Okay, on the Settings screen near the top, I've added a 'GUI Verbose Level' setting to control what text is shown when playing a movie. It has 4 levels:
  • Silent: No text is shown, but screen will dim during the processing.
  • Quiet: Minimal text is shown (Mounting ISO, Launching xyz).
  • Verbose: Same as previous CMC versions, showing Unmounting, Mounting, Launching, with additional status on what file is being mounted & launched
  • Debug: Same as Verbose, but also shows command lines being sent to VCD and to launch the player.
Hopefully one of those fits your request.

NOTE: The Debug value here is completely independent of the Debug Logging setting.

Paul

ANDYK48

Post by ANDYK48 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:01 am

Hello Paul,
Thanks, I will try the new amendments :) You are really fast !!!!
When mounting the iso, yes it could take up to 20 seconds but you can show a circle like loading in windows ? :D

Here are some pictures about the movie background feature in mymovies :)

Mymovies movie background picture

Mymovies movie background picture 2

Mymovies movie background picture 3

Mymovies movie background picture 4

Mymovies movie background picture 5

When you choose a movie the background changes accordingly :) there is also an option if you leave the movie selected for a preset period of time then the background related to the movie changes to another one every few seconds (rolling backgrounds feature)

Thanks again for everything.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am

ANDYK48 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:01 am you can show a circle like loading in windows
Yes, good point. I do remember WMC doing this. To be honest, I haven't figured out how to program this type of animation yet (moving animation with a transparent background). I'll look into it, but no promises yet.

Thanks for the links to the screenshots. Here is my commentary on each:
  • Pic 1: This is custom genre backgrounds. Another user has already requested this, and I'm looking into doing it. More info here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48
  • Pics 2 & 3: This is the Fan Art background. CMC already does this, but only for a single image per movie. Another user recently notified me that WMC would also cycle through multiple background images (background1.jpg, background2.jpg, background3.jpg). I never knew this, and didn't even realize that some users have more than 1 fanart/background image. I'm planning to add the background cycling to a future version, maybe even v2.1. Of course, this will require users to maintain multiple backdrops, something My Movies does not do (though I believe MediaBrowser/Emby does).
  • Pics 4 & 5: This image is from a completely different title listing view that I have not implemented. Instead of showing covers in a grid, the movies are listed by title down the left side, the movie details for the currently selected title are shown on the right side, and the backdrop is for the current selected title. This type of view was not on my roadmap, though if there is enough user demand I could be persuaded to do it. Any users who want this view, please let me know.
Paul