Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to Roadmap] Version 2.0 - Cover Type and a couple more things :)

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Jamie

Re: Version 2.0 - Cover Type and a couple more things :)

Post by Jamie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:09 pm

My reaction for 4 and 5 would be a good feature to have option, but maybe not a very "high" priority. If Paul could somehow fit it in that would be great.

I just hope no one requests the Mymovies "wmc" way of displaying TV Episodes. I like CMCs method and something about the way it was done in WMC didn't seem to work right for me. Maybe it was my Mymovies setup. I was always bad about reading the documentation. Paul knows that so well.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:23 pm

regarding pictures 4 & 5, and Paul pursuing adding that option. Could that feature be added over two versions? One - adding just the text display with links to the details screen where you see information on the movie and can launch it? Kodi has the option to just display the movie titles text in a scrolling list and have that text be used as a link to launch the movie. I guess that is what I am describing. On the second version add the information on the right for the currently selected movie? Just a thought

ANDYK48

Post by ANDYK48 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 am

Hello Paul,
Thanks for fixing the covers for 4K UHD movies :)
Regarding the screenshots, I do not wish more views, I just send various of them to understand what I meant with the background fanart of the movies :)
Thanks again for everything.

PS. Can you tell me which command you use to open DVDFab 5 media player when mounting the iso file ?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:19 am

ANDYK48 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 am PS. Can you tell me which command you use to open DVDFab 5 media player when mounting the iso file ?
In settings, change GUI Verbose Level to Debug. Also make sure you have DVDFab Player selected as your player, then play a movie. You will see the command on screen.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ANDYK48

Post by ANDYK48 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:59 am

Hello Paul,
Thank a lot for the info :)
I was just messing around with commands for DVDFab Player just to see what other functionality it has and the company's website was not very informative about the command lines that DVDFab Player accepts :)
Thanks again.
Andreas

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 am

I had the same problem, I couldn't find any info online. So it was trial and error to find what worked.

I got lucky, though, and the commands closely matched the command line options for MPC.

Just a note, I haven't figured out how to playback DVDs starting from a specific chapter or title, so DVD Episode playback with DVDFab may be broken.

Paul

ANDYK48

Post by ANDYK48 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:02 am

Hello Paul,

It is true that the technical support for DVDFab player in their forums is not very good...………
I have been struggling for years to find the appropriate commands with very little luck.

It also seems that there is another problem with autoplay and DVDFab player. When the iso file is stored locally on the PC the movie starts automatically upon mounting the iso. If the iso file is located on a share (a NAS server for example) then DVDFab player opens it says that there is no optical disc in the drive, but it shows the iso file is mounted and you have to manually click on it to play.
I have not yet found a solution for the problem above.....

Thanks a lot again.
Andreas

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:57 am

ANDYK48 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 am If the iso file is located on a share (a NAS server for example) then DVDFab player opens it says that there is no optical disc in the drive, but it shows the iso file is mounted and you have to manually click on it to play.
Hmmm. I'll have to test that again. I thought this was working for me.

Paul

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Andreas, I've done some more testing, and for me DVDFab autoplays my ISO's from my NAS just fine.

To help troubleshoot further, I need you to enable Debug Logging in the settings, then play an ISO from your NAS again.

Then look in your Logs\ folder for the DebugLog_Playclick_<datetime>.txt files and post them here or email them to me.

Be sure to turn off Debug Logging once you're done.

Thanks,
Paul

ANDYK48

Post by ANDYK48 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:12 am

Hello Paul,
Thank for coming back :)
I will enable debug mode and I will let you know.
My NAS is an UNRAID server, if that makes any difference.
ANdreas