Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Requesting Media Player Classic (MPC) Integration

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Jamie

[CLOSED] Requesting Media Player Classic (MPC) Integration

Post by Jamie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

I would like support for HPC-HC "C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" for UHD disks. Even though PowerDVD 17 supports UHD disks through MMBrowser, I have found that PowerDVD 17 cannot play UHD disks on PCs that do not have supported Integrated graphics chips. I could be wrong about this and I am doing more research on this matter.

I have found that there is some DRM issue that prevents PowerDVD 17 from playing UHD disks. This could be caused by PowerDVD 17 requiring PCs to have more recent IGPU chips, or Monitors and GPUs that have HDCP 2.2 support.

HPC-HC supports UHD disks without DRM requirements. HPC-HC, like PowerDVD, requires a mounted VCD drive.

Pauven

Re: MM Browser Roadmap

Post by Pauven » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 pm

I agree that HPC-HC sounds like a good addition.

I've never used it before, and would appreciate some direction. What is the official website for HPC-HC? Do you know if there is a command line to use it? Documentation?

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Sorry, Paul. It is MPC-HC and it works with UHD, Bluray disks, dvd too. The good thing is it's free and open source.

The download site. https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/

Here's the wiki https://trac.mpc-hc.org/

here's the manual https://trac.mpc-hc.org/wiki/Manual

To run UHD disks: Download the 64 or 32 bit download. I used the 7z download. Unzip.
Run installer executable then after install is completed, run the MPC-HC app from installed folder or installed icon on desktop.
Mount drive
Inside MPC-HC choose from menu file open DVD/BD or CTRL D and select drive letter which has a video you want to play.

You can run a dvd folder by right clicking on Video-TS folder and select open with MPC-HC

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:45 am

After further research, I have nailed down the DRM issue with PowerDVD 17 and UHD disks. Powerdvd requires an intel integrated graphics chip.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/uhd-rip ... ues.74496/

I have also found that MPC-BE which is a based on MPC-HC is a better player.

Downloads:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPC-BE

Documentation: It appears since, it is based on MPC-HC that the documentation is the same.

Yes, MPC-BE has a command line interface.

Paul, I will let you decide what to do between MPC-HC and MPC-BE since you have the 1070 and I have a really old radeon at the moment. I know you're working other urgent issues so when things free up for you, or I get better equipment, I will leave it up to you.

I have used both players, MPC-HC and MPC-BE. MPC-BE plays UHD disks on my low-end equipment just fine whereas MPC-HC only plays sound, no video with my lowend equipment. Both players play bluray and dvd disks fine.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm

I have begun testing with MPC-HC and MPC-BE, in both 32 and 64 bit versions. Side note, I've been hearing about Media Player Classic for years, and always meant to give it a try. Little did I realize that MPC stands for Media Player Classic... I thought MPC was something new.

I am testing with DVDs, Blu-Rays, and UHD 4K Blu-Rays.

So far, I am not able to replicate your experience with playing UHD discs. From the MPC-HC/BE menu, I select "Open DVD/BD...", select my UHD disc drive, and get the status message at the bottom of the player that it "Cannot find DVD directory" in HC, and "Cannot find DVD/Blu-ray directory" in BE. I am able to browse inside the disc and find the m2ts file and play it directly.

From the command line, I can play regular DVD's and Blu-Rays in fullscreen mode just fine.

I'm guessing that UHD disc support might be hit or miss, and maybe the disc I'm testing with is a miss. It looks like the playback command would be the same regardless of disc type, so hopefully it will work for you.

The good news is that MPC-HC and MPC-BE are virtually identical from an integration standpoint, so I will be adding support for both.

Paul

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi Paul,

I think the problem may be that the UHD drive is a friendly drive and not an official drive. I ripped the uhd disk with my favorite decrypter to iso. I mounted the ripped iso with VCD. I then played the mounted iso with MPC-BE. It played fine. Let me know whether that works. The friendly drive is a bluray drive with the ability to read uhd disks. I suspect the MPC-BE does not recognize the disk as be a true uhd disk through the friendly drive.

I like MPC-BE because it will play a UHD iso without a problem where as MPC-HC will not play the ripped disk on my PC. I have a ancient radeon gpu.

Pauven

Re: [CLOSED] Requesting Media Player Classic (MPC) Integration

Post by Pauven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 am

Integration with Media Player Classic, in both MPC-HC and MPC-BE variants, has been added to MM Browser v1.8.2018.0318.