Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Requesting Automatic Display Rate Changing on Disc Play

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Pauven

[CLOSED] Requesting Automatic Display Rate Changing on Disc Play

Post by Pauven » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 am

Recently a user asked if MM Browser could adjust the display's refresh rate, similar to how My Movies WMC Plugin could adjust it. The problem is that while PowerDVD can adjust it, it often chooses undesirable settings. Apparently the My Movies WMC Plugin did a really good job.

After a bit of discovery, I've found that I can easily adjust the refresh rate. I'm now soliciting feedback on how this feature should behave.

Here's what I've come up with so far, the following settings being user configurable:
  • Refresh Rate Adjustment Enabled/Disabled
  • Default Refresh Rate
  • Refresh Rate for 60Hz titles
  • Refresh Rate for 50Hz titles
  • Refresh Rate for 30Hz titles
  • Refresh Rate for 25Hz titles
  • Refresh Rate for 24Hz titles
Did I miss anything. Any other controls related to changing Refresh Rates? Any other rates I need to consider? I remember that the Hobbit movies were filmed in 48Hz - did that make it to Blu-Ray, or did it get converted to 24Hz?

I assume that the Refresh Rate should be adjusted to the title when the title is played. What about reverting it back to the default? Would detecting that MM Browser has focus again be the right time to revert to the default Refresh Rate?

Thanks!
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: [CLOSED] Requesting Automatic Display Rate Changing on Disc Play

Post by Pauven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:24 am

Auto-Adjusting Display Refresh Rate has been added to MM Browser v1.8.2018.0318.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter