Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to Roadmap] Show Disc Type

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Jamie

[Added to Roadmap] Show Disc Type

Post by Jamie » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Is there a possibility that the disk type could be displayed? I have both ntsc and pal disks and would like to know which disk type is used for the current title. This would be useful for knowing what refresh rate should be used during play back. I know the disk type is contained in the current MMBrowser database xml file so it should be available for display.

Pauven

Re: MM Browser Roadmap

Post by Pauven » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:10 am

Yes, that is possible, and planned. If you notice on the FanArt Details page, there is unused space to the right of the covers. I plan to make it look similar to the WMC version:

The reason it hasn't happened yet is I don't want to infringe on Binnerup's copyright by stealing their artwork. That means I need to create new icons for all possible values. This is a lot of work, and the hard part is making sure I know all possible values.

I also ran into a problem in which MM Browser v1.7 crashes when used with legacy My Movies 5.13, which was missing some DVD cases artwork that MM Browser was expecting to find. While I've coded a workaround in v1.8, the long-term solution is for me to design my own artwork for the cover cases as well. One benefit of this is that MM Browser will no longer require My Movies to be installed to function correctly once I create my own artwork.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Re: MM Browser Roadmap

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:42 am

That's fine Paul. I thought that it would be a nice to have and it isn't an urgent matter. I can use the database xml for testing refresh rates right now and I think that I only have five PAL disks. I plan to buy more PAL disks in the future since Europe seems to get all the releases of little known titles I like and the USA never seems to release some of those titles.