Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v3.1] Search: Display letters typed on screen

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
lovehtpc

[In v3.1] Search: Display letters typed on screen

Post by lovehtpc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Hey Paul,

This is more for keyboard users.

One feature that WMC had that would be a 'nice to have' is when on the main movie selection screen, i type "Sa" on my keyboard so it brings me to the movies starting with SA. The minor problem is i don't see "SA" anywhere on the screen to verify that is indeed what i typed. Sure i can verify it by looking at the movie it brought me to, but it would be nice to have a visual of the query as well.

In WMC, it displayed the letters typed briefly on the screen to verify what the query was.

Again, a 'nice to have' feature. Mouse support throughout is far more important than this ;) :D

Thanks!

Pauven

Re: Search: Display letters typed on screen

Post by Pauven » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:39 pm

I had taken note of this behavior in WMC, and plan to include it in CMC in the future.

Just a note: Currently in CMC you can ONLY type the first letter. So typing 'SA' will jump to the S's and then jump to the A's. This is also on my list of enhancements, to support more characters being typed.

I actually started on that enhancement a long time ago, but it did not behave correctly so I disabled it, and left it at just a single character for now. With all the other great new features and fixes, I just haven't found my way back to this one yet.

But this does seem to be a popular request!
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: [In v3.1] Search: Display letters typed on screen

Post by Pauven » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:40 pm

The display of the current search string has now been added to v3.1, which I plan to release around the end of the month.

This works for keyboard and also for number-pad searching.

And the number-pad also works on the Search panel, so you don't have to use a keyboard to search anymore.

Pauven

Re: [In v3.1] Search: Display letters typed on screen

Post by Pauven » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Head's up: I've just posted the first release candidate for v3.1. I would appreciate testing feedback.