Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v3.0] Make a titles cover stand out more.

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Teddyboy

[Fixed in v3.0] Make a titles cover stand out more.

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:00 pm

When I'm navigating in CMC, I use 4 rows of covers to display my collection. When navigating my collection to play something, the cover will enlarge a certain percentage so you know that's the one your over. Even though it enlarges, it tends to blend in with the other covers. Could you put a contrasting boarder around it do that it is more noticeable?
cover display.png
cover display.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 6604 times
MM cover display.png
MM cover display.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 6604 times
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Make a titles cover stand out more.

Post by Pauven » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:29 pm

This works just fine with the CMC provided Cover Profiles. Must be something broken when using other profiles that were built for My Movies / WMC.

You can try copying the file DVDGlow.png from <CMCInstallDir>\Cover Profiles\CMC to the directory of the cover profile you are using.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Okay I’ll do that as soon as the power comes back. This seems to be happening frequently here in San Diego. Six neighborhoods (about 2600) are affected. Might be 20 minutes child be 3 hours who knows. I’ll let you know as soon as the power is restored.

I’m using the built in CMC profile for MyMovies cover display.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:22 pm I’m using the built in CMC profile for MyMovies cover display.

No, you are not. At least not according to your screenshot.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:21 pm

The top one is your MyMovies cover display the bottom screenshot is from the MyMovies site as a example. In settings what’s available to me in display settings for movie cover profiles are CMC, CMC no box set, MYMovies, and Plastic. The only skin I have available is the CMC default skin. When I pick MyMovies cover profiles with CMC default skin it works fine with the exception of no glow. There are no cover profiles in my default install. In the cover profiles install there is just you cmc profile.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:37 pm

The My Movies cover profile comes from your My Movies install. CMC will let you optionally use the stock and 3rd party My Movies cover profiles. The only two profiles that ship with CMC have CMC in the name.

If you want to fix the glow, follow my directions above. Going from memory, the My Movies profile lives in the My Movies program folder.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Okay now I understand. I copied it over to that folder, and it works perfect now. Thanks Paul!

Pauven

Re: [Bug in v2.2] Make a titles cover stand out more.

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:15 pm

The missing background glow behind the DVD covers for the My Movies default Cover Profile is fixed in CMC v3.0.