Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Closed - Already Implemented] Remote Button mappings for buttons 2 - 9, and 0

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Jamie

[Closed - Already Implemented] Remote Button mappings for buttons 2 - 9, and 0

Post by Jamie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 am

I would like to have button mappings for numeric buttons 2 - 9, and 0, to reflect the first letters on telephone keypad.

Button 2 = "A"
Button 3 - "D"
Button 4 = "G"
Button 5 - "J"
Button 6 = "M"
Button 7 = " P"
Button 8 = "T"
Button 9 = "W"
Button 0 = "Z""

Pauven

Re: Remote Button mappings for buttons 2 - 9, and 0

Post by Pauven » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm

If I may ask... Why?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:51 pm

I know that you a page up and down button, but the numeric buttons allow me to skip through the Alphabet quickly sort of like pressing letters on a keyboard. I also can skip multiple pages at a time with out having to press the page down button numerous times. If I want to go to my "marvel" collection I just press 6 and page through the covers. The same for my "Disney" shows. It takes to where I want to go more quickly and directly.

I guess I am the only one who does this but I sort a lot of shows by "Horror'", "Disney", "Marvel", "NASA".... Yes, there are categories that can do this but I prefer the sort feature. I am also able to traverse the MM CM much quicker using the sort.

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:55 pm

By doing this, you are breaking default CMC functionality.

CMC already treats numbers as if it was a telephone keypad.

Pressing 2 repeated cycles through 2 A B C, pressing 3 cycles through 3 D E F, etc.

I thought you knew this, but now I'm thinking you didn't.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:06 pm

No I didn't know this. So this should work for CMC too?? I'll check it out.

Jamie

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi Paul,

I reset Advanced MCE remote mapper to the default settings and rebooted. I rebooted and the numeric keys worked as you described. I went into CMC remote settings and updated the registry to the values I set yesterday. I rebooted and used my remote to go into CMC. That worked fine. I then tried the remote numeric keys and they didn't work. I tried 1 and it went to the beginning of the "D"s. 2 went to "H", 3 went to "M".......

I could have mucked things up in the registry through the advancced MCE remote mapper, but when I changed that to the default it worked as you described. When I use CMC to map the remote it works as I described above. Any Ideas on how to get CMC to program it right as you described??

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:32 pm

The very first time you use CMC to configure remote buttons, CMC makes a backup of the current button configuration in the registry before changing them. As long as that backup exists, it will use it as a baseline for all future changes. The assumption that CMC makes is that it is backing up the stock Windows button configuration, and using it as a reference. But it is definitely possible for changes made by another program to be included in that backup.

It sounds like on your machine(s) the backup contains non-standard configuration data (perhaps data configured by MCE Remote Mapper), so each time you apply CMC's configuration changes to the registry, it is essentially restoring from that bad backup and applying the changes on top of that.

I do have plans for a future version to include a copy of stock Win10 values. But for now, you'll need to follow this process:
  1. Using MCE Mapper: Restore Win10 stock values, save/apply reboot.
  2. Open up this registry key path:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da
  3. There you will see multiple entries for ReportMappingTable, including one named ReportMappingTable.MMB_Backup <--Delete this
  4. Now you should be able to use CMC to configure the buttons

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:23 pm

That fixed the issue. Everything works except Shutdown

Paul, you may close this request as already implemented.

Jamie

Pauven

Re: [Closed - Already Implemented] Remote Button mappings for buttons 2 - 9, and 0

Post by Pauven » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Just wanted to follow up on this post to mention that CMC v3.1 will have improved number pad support.

Previously, only 2-9 worked for a-z.

New in v3.1, 0 now allows for a space, and 1 now allows for a period or comma.

This comes in real handy on the Search menu, as now you can use the number-pad to enter your search terms (no need to pull out your keyboard anymore). And the comma is super important, as it allows you to enter multiple terms in the same search box.

It's also worth mentioning here that when using the number-pad to jump through the main cover titles, you can now enter multiple characters like "Dow" or "Gif" or "Zoo" instead of just one like "D" or "G" or "Z".

v3.1 is coming along really well, and I expect to release it towards the end of the month.