Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to Roadmap] Hide mouse cursor after timeout

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
breazile

[Added to Roadmap] Hide mouse cursor after timeout

Post by breazile » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Could you have a feature to hide the mouse cursor after some inactivity timeout? I use a Rii I8+ as my controller, and I have the mouse pop up often, since the touch pad moves the mouse. I end up with the mouse showing on the interface most of the time, and it persists into the movie player (DVDFab). The mouse does not auto hide with the player either unless I move it a little bit after the title launches. If CMC hides the mouse after a certain period of inactivity I think it would solve both issues.

Pauven

Re: Hide mouse cursor after timeout

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:41 pm

I looked into this before, and while I can easily hide the cursor, making sure it comes back correctly was a programming challenge.

It's on my to-do to look at this again, to see if I can get it to behave properly. I can't promise any timeline, or even if I will be successful. I can only promise that I will work on it some more.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

breazile

Re: [Added to Roadmap] Hide mouse cursor after timeout

Post by breazile » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:48 am

I work at Microsoft, so I can ask around to see if anyone has some tips to get it working (or to get it to come back).

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:16 pm

I think it was an issue specific to my programming language and form design methodology, though it has been a while since I looked at it so my memory is a bit foggy. From what I recall, I was missing trigger events to run the 'show cursor' function, because I have layer upon layer upon layer upon layer of form elements, and whichever layer is on top at that cursor position was intercepting the mouse movement event and not calling the function. It's one of those things where I've created my own pandora's box of horrors, that to add the trigger to every design element to process the mouse moved event could take days of updates.

It is a task further complicated by making everything touch enabled. As soon as I enable an element to receive touch input, it also intercepts mouse movements, blocking that event from reaching the parent element.

So it's not impossible, just a whole lotta work to unhide a cursor. At the time I was working on it, I didn't have the bandwidth to make it unhide correctly, so I turned off the hiding function.

breazile wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:48 am I work at Microsoft, so I can ask around to see if anyone has some tips to get it working (or to get it to come back).

That's awesome! So as a Microsoft employee, what's your perspective on CMC being so heavily inspired by WMC?

I'm always open to helpful advice, thanks.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

breazile

Post by breazile » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:52 pm

For me CMC is the perfect application because I have multiple years invested in my library. The look and feel is like mymovies which is nice. For me it was very easy to switch to CMC, and you are pretty responsive when it comes to considering feature requests.

I started scanning my library over 12 years ago because I could not find discs. I have them in caselogic books, and multiple books in plastic totes, and now multiple plastic totes. Virtually impossible to find a disc when I want to watch something. I'm one of those weird people who use ISO because I want the title menus, ability to go to certain chapters, etc. With CMC it fills the hole left by MC, and I can run it on Win 10 to get the goodness there like HDR support. Glad to see that CMC just works in picking up all of my title information. With almost 2,000 titles there is no way that I would want to enter all of that information again. I have some old DVDs in my collection, and with streaming libraries changing (Netflix), you can't always count on titles being available.

I work on Surface, but some people here came from the MC team and it was sad to see that go away. I used a Ceton cable card tuner for a long time, so my MC PC was the main entertainment system for TV and movies. Now it's CMC and a couple of TiVos. I have 4 licenses of CMC, two for my kids on their tablets, and two that drive TVs in my house.

Since I mostly play ISOs, DVDFab has finally gotten to the point where it works pretty good with 4K with the latest version. I could not find any other program that was really usable, and it was good to see that CMC already supported it when I stumbled upon it.

Keep up the good work, and I'll spend some time checking out some of the other features in the new version.