Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v3.0] Support for DVDFab Player 6

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
breazile

[In v3.0] Support for DVDFab Player 6

Post by breazile » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:59 pm

DVDFab Player 6 was released, and I installed it on my machine. CMC launched DVDFab Player 5 instead, so I'm not sure if my system will switch to 6 if I remove 5, or be in a broken state.

Pauven

Re: Support for DVDFab Player 6

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:51 am

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize the new version had been released. Looks like it only came out a few days ago. What do you think of the new Player 6 version so far? Any noticeable improvements?

I went ahead and added support for it this morning in CMC v3.0, due out tomorrow. Hopefully you can wait a day.

Also, I asked a follow-up question on the DVDFab forum to see if they have added the /title parameter to the command line options, which would allow for DVD Episode playback. If they have, then I can update CMC in the future to enable this functionality. Here's the post (my new question is pending approval so it may not be showing up yet): https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software- ... mmand-line
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

breazile

Re: Support for DVDFab Player 6

Post by breazile » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:47 am

Performance is much better. Apparently they rewrote the core from the ground up. Big improvement in 4K ISO playback. I had a title where I could not skip chapters, and now that is solved. Seems much better.

soundmanmike

Re: [In v3.0] Support for DVDFab Player 6

Post by soundmanmike » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi Paul,

My CMC updated to version 3 last night, did you end up making it compatible with DVDFab 6? I have DVDFab 6 installed (DVDFab 5 unistalled) and I am getting an error that no player is found. I went in and re-selected DVDFab in the player configuration setup om CMC, restarted CMC several times etc. Besides that, its a very nice update. Definitely an improvement!

Mike

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:58 pm

I installed DVDFab Player 6 on my test machine, and was able to get it to play movies so I thought it was fully compatible.

For reference, Player 6 was installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Player6\DVDFab Player 6.exe". Is your location different?

soundmanmike

Post by soundmanmike » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Yes, that location is the same on my setup too. Here is the error that it displays...
CMC-DVDFab6 Error.jpg
CMC-DVDFab6 Error.jpg (621.65 KiB) Viewed 8549 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Just to double-triple-check, are you absolutely sure it is exactly the same? Including spaces (i.e. Player6 vs. Player 6). For some reason, my Player 6 install was to a very slightly different path than Player 5.

That error message is indicating that CMC did not find it at the location I specified.

soundmanmike

Post by soundmanmike » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Your the MAN! That's what it was! After a second (and third) look the upgrade for DVDFab installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Player 6\DVDFab Player 6.exe". It added a space to the folder name when the upgrade installed automatically. When I uninstalled it and reinstalled it manually it installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Player6\DVDFab Player 6.exe" like you said it needed to be. I restarted CMC and it worked normal. Thanks for the help!

breazile

Post by breazile » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:45 pm

I installed version 6 (with version 5 installed), so both are there. Both of them have a space in the folder name before the 5 and 6. I upgraded to 6 from within 5, which left 5 on my system. I did not touch any other setting, and got a space in the filename.

When I launch a disc it used version 5. I renamed the V5 folder, and then it would not launch 6 until I removed the space in the filename.

I did not customize any settings on v5 or v6 installs, and I don't know why there is a space sometimes and not others. Regardless, it seems equally right to have a space or not. I think you will have a number of people with DVDFab 6 that have to go and remove that space in the folder name before it will work.

Regards,
Jon
install.PNG
install.PNG (30.16 KiB) Viewed 8537 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:53 am

Thanks for all of the trouble-shooting fellas. This appears to be a bug in the DVDFab Player 6 installation logic.

To handle it, I have made a small tweak to CMC to work with both install locations, Player6 and Player 6.

I didn't feel this need to be pushed to all users, so I simply updated the existing v3.0.2019.1031 download. If you want this fix and have already upgraded to CMC v3.0, please download again from the Downloads page. The only file changed from the previous v3 download is CMC.exe, so you can just drop that one file from the zip archive into your CMC directory and you should be good to go.