Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Request: Front & Back Cover Previews

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
soundmanmike

Request: Front & Back Cover Previews

Post by soundmanmike » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:30 pm

I really enjoy all the information that is displayed after selecting a movie from the library but is it possible to make the front and back covers slightly smaller size than from top to bottom of the screen (and possibly include the case in the larger view) and make them all scale to a certain size for consistency no matter what the original file resolution is? Anyway, just a thought. Great work! Looking forward to the new releases! Thanks!

Pauven

Re: Request: Front & Back Cover Previews

Post by Pauven » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Smaller? Really? Can you do some kind of a mock-up to show me what size you're thinking?

The problem with showing the cases is that the case artwork is low-res, and since it would look bad scaled up I would have to start from scratch and recreate them. Plus a lot of code to handle combining all the image layers. It's not impossible, but something like this would be low on my priorities list unless there's strong demand for it. Anyone else want this?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

soundmanmike

Post by soundmanmike » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm

I was thinking something like this....
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 7577 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Since a change like this would affect all users, let's take a vote. Who want's the enlarged covers to remain as-is, and wants the smaller covers with the case artwork as Mike proposes?

Personally, my main concern with smaller covers is that small text on the back cover may become illegible.

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:23 am

Hi

On the subject of covers, in the WMC edition if you didn't insert any back cover in the Collection Management the icon completely disapeared. At the moment CMC leaves a imageless icon. Personally I don't want to see the back cover, I know not everyone would agree but if CMC worked the same way we would have the choice. Hopefully this could be implemented, thanks

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:36 am

RKEP wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:23 amOn the subject of covers, in the WMC edition if you didn't insert any back cover in the Collection Management the icon completely disapeared. At the moment CMC leaves a imageless icon. Personally I don't want to see the back cover, I know not everyone would agree but if CMC worked the same way we would have the choice. Hopefully this could be implemented, thanks

I have added this to CMC v3.2, which should be out towards the end of the month.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Pauven wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:56 pm Since a change like this would affect all users, let's take a vote. Who want's the enlarged covers to remain as-is, and wants the smaller covers with the case artwork as Mike proposes?

Personally, my main concern with smaller covers is that small text on the back cover may become illegible.
What I understand about the artwork resolution and size is that MM CM controls it. The CM will allow you to input different resolutions and sizes but if you submit a title without the proper resolution the title will be rejected. The reason for this is to ensure conformity across the app and user base. I for one like the way it is now. So please don't change it.