Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Adding Double Feature Movies

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
RKEP

Adding Double Feature Movies

Post by RKEP » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi

I have a disc with 2 movies on it. Using My Movies for WMC, I was able to set up 2 movie titles and assign them both to the same file instead of a folder. This worked for that setup, the covers and FanArt were viewable for each title seperately even thou assigned to the same ISO. When this was scanned on CMC it only produced an error.

If there is a way to do this on CMC it would be great! I don't really want to have duplicates of the same ISO in different folders to get both titles to load into CMC

Richard

Pauven

Re: Adding Double Feature Movies

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:17 pm

I don't have a great answer for this. Here's what I can say:

Since the default way to use My Movies is with Disc Titles, you should add this as a single Disc Title, the same way you bought the disc. Then in the Disc Settings, you would show there are two sides to the disc or two discs (assuming both movies are not actually on the same side of the same disc). If two discs, then you can name each disc as the name of each movie. CMC will prompt you for which disc or side you want to play.

I don't think that will work for you since you mentioned a single ISO, which to me sounds like both movies are on the same side of the same disc. In that case, the above approach will at least let you start up the disc, at which point you can select which movie you want to play, and the main title should be reflective of the fact that multiple movies are part of this title.

There is a feature that is not yet implemented in CMC for handling multiple titles in the same ISO. That is on my to-do for this year. I have already laid some of the groundwork for this feature in CME (to export the necessary data) and CMC (to import that data), but as of yet the GUI doesn't do anything with the multiple titles data.

The solution you implemented, pointing multiple titles at the same ISO, will NOT work with CMC, because CMC is file based, and these files end up overwriting each other, plus CMC is only expecting a single metadata file per media file (ISO). WMC works because it runs directly off of the API, so it doesn't have this problem. Another feature I am working on is having CME directly create the DB for CMC (bypassing the files) and that would also address this issue.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter