Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Closed] Trailers

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
RKEP

[Closed] Trailers

Post by RKEP » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi

I was hoping you could make an option to disable the Trailers. I personally don't bother with them so an option to make it disapear would be great. This would give everyone the choice like you have with other settings. Thanks

Richard

Jamie

Re: Trailers

Post by Jamie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:11 pm

I don't understand this request? The trailers do not automatically play and to play them you have to click a link/button. Do you want the link or button to not display? I get that Paul will be able to remove the button or link and he probably will do it, but if you need to customize every little feature in the app, the settings will be over burdened like they were before Paul customized the settings page. It will be one big mess which will become hard to follow. Now if these trailers popped up or got in the way of usability, I could see a need for customize this feature.

Just call me a crotchety over opinionated old man.

Jamie

Pauven

Re: Trailers

Post by Pauven » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:24 pm

RKEP wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm Hi

I was hoping you could make an option to disable the Trailers. I personally don't bother with them so an option to make it disapear would be great. This would give everyone the choice like you have with other settings. Thanks

Richard

If you want to make the word Trailer disappear, you can edit the \Languages\English.json file (or whichever language you have configured). Change this line:

"fanArtTrailer":"trailer",

to this:

"fanArtTrailer":"",

You'll have to re-apply this edit with each update, since the Language file is always overwritten with the latest changes. Do not take a shortcut and copy an old language file over a new update, as this will break any new features that were added. It should only take you a few seconds to update that line.

I will not be adding a configuration item to disable the Trailers.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Re: [Closed] Trailers

Post by RKEP » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:39 am

Hi

Thankyou, top tip

Richard