Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to Roadmap] Make description panel "sticky"

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
dannocron

[Added to Roadmap] Make description panel "sticky"

Post by dannocron » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:41 pm

When using My Movies with Windows Media Center on Windows 7, movie covers would be on the screen along with the movie description on the right hand side. With Chameleon, the screen is filled with movie covers, but there is a "pop out" that shows the description. The timing can be changed for that from 1 to many seconds.

It would be less distracting (to my eyes) if the description was "always" out there. I know it would cover up the movies or TV shows on the right hand side. I have played with the amount of seconds. Tried it at 1 second and it was just too quick. Tried it at 5, 7 and 8 seconds...and just waited.

I suppose the easiest way to do this would be to make a "0" second option. The other would be to have the description area on the right permanently, although it would look better if it didn't look like it was sitting on top of other movies.

Thanks for considering this.

Pauven

Re: [Added to Roadmap] Make description panel "sticky"

Post by Pauven » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks for suggesting this, I think it is a good idea, and hopefully fairly easy to implement. My only concern at this moment is that the details pop-up might steal focus away from certain mouse clicks, particularly the top icon and mode bars, so this might require some extra development. But for use with a keyboard or remote, I think this will be a non-issue.

I've added this to the roadmap.

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

dannocron

Re: [Added to Roadmap] Make description panel "sticky"

Post by dannocron » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks!