Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Requests for Genre View and 1-row Box Set View

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
RKEP

Requests for Genre View and 1-row Box Set View

Post by RKEP » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Hi Paul

I have just got back from Sea and firstly would like to say what a great job the updates are in particular for me the Hot Keys and the option to set the basic background for the different sections.

With regards to the background FanArt request by "ANDYK48 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:01 am" brings me to a related couple of requests from myself.

In his Pic 1 the image is behind a cover row at he bottom. WMC let you set a fade in time as you currently do with "Details Pop up Display" in settings and a transparency setting for the covers, so as you moved over the cover depending on your settings the FanArt would fade in to the set time and if set to zero transparency the cover would disappear until you "select" or "scroll" to the next cover?

Also inline with that request, there currently isn't a selection for one row of covers. Please could we have one row of covers including in the box sets. The size of the covers in the box set is great and one row scolling across the middle of the screen is my preference and works well with my first request?

Thanks for all your hard work, greatly appreciated

Richard

Pauven

Re: [Added to Roadmap] Version 2.0 - Cover Type and a couple more things :)

Post by Pauven » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Hey Richard,

Welcome back to dry land, hope you had a good voyage.

I'm splitting your post into a new thread so that I don't loose sight of your requests.

The Genre or Categories view is something I hope to tackle this year, which is what is shown in that pic 1 you referenced (inserted below for reference). Your suggestions regarding fade-in and transparency are welcome, and features I hope to include in the Genre view once I implement it.

image.png
image.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 7620 times

I hadn't thought about changing the # of rows in the Box Set view, but I see your point. I'll consider this, but as of right now there are many items in front of this request, including the Genre View which is a big development, so I'm not sure if I will get to it this year or next. Though if more users want this I could give it a higher priority.

Thanks!
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Re: Requests for Genre View and 1-row Box Set View

Post by RKEP » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:04 am

Hi Paul

Just to be clear. I was hoping we could have a single row of covers on every section ie Movies, Other etc and in the box sets. If you did understand that my apologies, it was just I wasn't sure from your response, thanks

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 am

Yes, I understood. There's only two views in CMC, the main cover rows (regardless of selected All/Movies/TV/Music/Doc/Other Media Type), and the Box Set View which is also used for the TV Series legacy view, new TV Series View Discs view, and the Actor Collected Works view.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:22 am

I will second this motion if it helps at all to get it moved up in priority. I liked the way that this was accomplished in WMC and it sort of goes in hand with my UI Customization request here https://chamconsoft.com/cmc/forums/?w3= ... MmdD00OA==

Being able to scroll through custom categories in WMC that I created in MyMovies collection management and then select a category and then have the single row view with the fanart popping up behind the cover you are on was great.

My last Win7 WMC machine died this past week and it will be missed.