Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Feature Request] Control4 Interface

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Caudio18

Re: [Feature Request] Control4 Interface

Post by Caudio18 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:15 pm

Unfortunately I do not think the market is very large. As a dealer we have installed maybe one or 2 of the My movies systems over the past 15 years. As a business it becomes very hard to support these systems thing because of all the ins and out and not really what most of our clientele want. They need a more dummy proof option like kaleidescape. I must even admit myself have moved away from it because mainly stream content but am trying to find some time to get my media rebuilt and back online with my NAS drive and put a new solution to life after WMC was killed off. It is something more for the Control4 power user who is technical and wants to program their own system and may not have the budget for a 10K movie server system like kaleidescape or Fusion. I myself have spent so many countless hours playing with and configuring PC's am still after a solution that just works !!! or at least 99 percent of the time.

Pauven

Re: [Feature Request] Control4 Interface

Post by Pauven » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:28 am

Caudio18 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:15 pm Unfortunately I do not think the market is very large. As a dealer we have installed maybe one or 2 of the My movies systems over the past 15 years.
I was expecting small. But that's non-existent. :shock:

Caudio18 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:15 pm As a business it becomes very hard to support these systems thing because of all the ins and out and not really what most of our clientele want. They need a more dummy proof option like kaleidescape.
After supporting CMC for 3+ years, I totally get that!

Caudio18 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:15 pm I myself have spent so many countless hours playing with and configuring PC's am still after a solution that just works !!! or at least 99 percent of the time.
Consider me extremely interested in hearing your honest perspective on CMC when you get to that point.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter