Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

CMC Settings page in CCC

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Teddyboy

CMC Settings page in CCC

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:33 pm

Would it be possible to move the CMC settings page to CCC to allow it to have a more client server like function. I see you already have a CMC Users tab in CCC to control various aspects of CMC's behavior. Why not extend that to a settings tab. The setting tab would be global for all htpc's. Once you set up file, remote, and player choices you can push that out as a config file. You could give people the choice of having CMC setting done through CCC or as it is now which could be the default.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: CMC Settings page in CCC

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:41 pm

I'll think about it, but I'm not sure it makes the most sense.

One of the problems is that a lot of settings might be PC specific, and not global. I've already worried that I may have gone too far in this regard with some user settings, as there are a few things you might want to be PC specific instead of User specific (i.e. backgrounds).

I'm not ruling this out, but it would have to be done in such a way as to not break the ability to allow individual PC tweaks.

There's also a lot of missing functionality in line before I start adding capabilities like this, so this would be pretty low on the deliverables list.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:48 pm

I mostly wanted you to think about it. I figured it wasn’t a high priority.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:59 pm

Definitely thinking about it - in fact I was thinking about it months ago during the design phase.

But yeah, missing functionality definitely takes priority over moving existing functionality.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter