Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to Roadmap] Support for MyMovies iOS remote

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
GroundControl

[Added to Roadmap] Support for MyMovies iOS remote

Post by GroundControl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:12 pm

I would love the ability to “play to“ MM Browser from the My Movies iOS app. I find that to be the best feature of My Movies and it still seems to be missing from MM Browser.

Pauven

Re: Support for MyMovies iOS remote

Post by Pauven » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Hmmm.... Interesting idea.

Technically, MM Browser doesn't play anything itself. Instead, it calls other programs to do the playing (PowerDVD, MPC, M&TV, VLC, etc.).

I'm thinking the feature you want is for the My Movies iOS app to play to PowerDVD or something like that. I've never used the My Movies apps (neither Android or iOS), so I have no idea if it can do this already.

You would need Binnerup and CyberLink (or whatever play app is there) to work together on this kind of solution.

At best, I suppose MM Browser could act like a middle-man to receive a signal from the My Movies iOS app, then queue up the movie as if you had selected it in the GUI. For this to be possible, you need the My Movies app to send a signal. Can it do that?

Have you asked Binnerup about this?

If Binnerup is willing to enhance their app send a signal to MM Browser, I'm willing to enhance MM Browser to receive it.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Sinfire

Post by Sinfire » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 pm

I 2nd this request.

I use the MyMovies app on my iPad to view my titles, see details, etc. Then press play and it sends a signal to my Windows Media Center to play the selected movie.

The iPad app has a server setting where you put in the server address, port, etc. Then I believe on my Windows 7 pc, the My Movies app listens on the port for requests and then acts on the request.

AS for MMBrowser.... There are a couple of approaches to solve this request.

1 - Have Binnerup create a plugin that would tie into MMBrowser.

2 - Determine what the codes are that are being sent from the iPad to the My Movies WMC plugin. Then add the port listener to receive requests, and then translate the requests into a series of commands on the MMBrowser to play the selected movie.

-- Steve

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Sinfire wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 pm I use the MyMovies app on my iPad to view my titles, see details, etc. Then press play and it sends a signal to my Windows Media Center to play the selected movie.

The iPad app has a server setting where you put in the server address, port, etc. Then I believe on my Windows 7 pc, the My Movies app listens on the port for requests and then acts on the request.
That is very helpful, thank you for the explanation.

Sinfire wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 pm 2 - Determine what the codes are that are being sent from the iPad to the My Movies WMC plugin. Then add the port listener to receive requests, and then translate the requests into a series of commands on the MMBrowser to play the selected movie.
I like this idea. There's always the possibility that the iPad app is looking for a handshake or confirmation, which could be problematic, but if it is just a simple post message, it's very possible I could have MM Browser receive it and act upon it.

This actually ties in nicely with another request to have MM Browser respond to Alexa commands.

I'll look into this further, but for now this is a low priority, after version 1.9 and 2.0. Perhaps 2.1.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter