Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added in v5.0] Multiple Music Libraries

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Jamie

Re: [Feature Request] Multiple Music Libraries

Post by Jamie » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:17 pm

I've been thinking of the filter idea and maybe genres have that covered. maybe categories as you described it is all I/we need.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:07 am

Yeah, that aligns better with what I was thinking. Switch the Category to Spoken Word, and from there you still have access to Genres like Speeches, Lectures, Spoken Word, etc.

The main goal here is to separate your non-music collection from your music collection, and Categories should be all that is required to do that.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Thank you Paul. That makes sense.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Teaser of what I'm working on today...
image.png
image.png (950.68 KiB) Viewed 4642 times

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:56 pm

My French isn't all that great, but I get the idea. :D Thanks for working on this. Can't wait to test it!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:06 pm

Jamie wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:56 pm My French isn't all that great
My bad. How about German?
image.png
image.png (327.19 KiB) Viewed 4633 times

Question for you - I'm thinking I need to make it configurable which genres are considered Spoken Word. Would allowing you to define a list of Spoken Word genres be sufficient? I.e. you can add genres "Speeches", "Lectures", "Audio Books", and "Spoken Word" to the list, and that will move those genres into Spoken Word.

There is one limitation in the current implementation - I'm doing a scan of all genres for each track, and if even one track has one genre that is a Spoken Word genre, I'm flagging the entire album as Spoken Word. Where this could pose a problem is if you had a music album with 1 track that wasn't music, and the entire album got flagged as Spoken Word. The solution here is to use a different Genre (non Spoken Word genre) if you have any tracks like this.

For example, say you have a music album with every other track being an "intermission" with nothing but talking, instead of flagging those tracks with genre "Spoken Word", you would need to use something else like "Music Spoken Word", so the new logic won't see this as a Spoken Word genre and reclassify the entire album. Does that make sense?

I'm sure you can come up with better genre names than I did, this was just for illustrative purposes.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 pm

Pauven wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:06 pm
Jamie wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:56 pm My French isn't all that great
My bad. How about German?
hablo español
Question for you - I'm thinking I need to make it configurable which genres are considered Spoken Word. Would allowing you to define a list of Spoken Word genres be sufficient? I.e. you can add genres "Speeches", "Lectures", "Audio Books", and "Spoken Word" to the list, and that will move those genres into Spoken Word.
That would be perfect.
There is one limitation in the current implementation - I'm doing a scan of all genres for each track, and if even one track has one genre that is a Spoken Word genre, I'm flagging the entire album as Spoken Word. Where this could pose a problem is if you had a music album with 1 track that wasn't music, and the entire album got flagged as Spoken Word. The solution here is to use a different Genre (non Spoken Word genre) if you have any tracks like this.

For example, say you have a music album with every other track being an "intermission" with nothing but talking, instead of flagging those tracks with genre "Spoken Word", you would need to use something else like "Music Spoken Word", so the new logic won't see this as a Spoken Word genre and reclassify the entire album. Does that make sense?

I'm sure you can come up with better genre names than I did, this was just for illustrative purposes.
I never thought of that. I don't think I ever mixed music, or spoken word tracks in an "album". I think that when I ripped the songs on a CD that I made the album completely music or spoken work. I believe you are right because other people might mix them so you're new logic makes sense.

Also, what will happen if a track, or album has a blank genre? Will it have to default it to something and would this sort of circumstance just be logged as an error?

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:27 pm

I added the option to define a genre as Spoken Word to the Music Genre Mapping panel, which seemed like an ideal location and saved me some time from having to create this from scratch:

image.png
image.png (69.23 KiB) Viewed 4628 times

One note about how this works - after changing any of the Spoken Word mappings, you have to do a Full Sync to update your albums to either Spoken Word or not. If you add a new album later, a changes only SmartSync is fine. It's only if you change the mappings that you have to do a Full Sync.

I believe this new feature is almost done and is working well. I confirmed it has the desired result on filtering the covers for browsing and screensaver. I just need to add the touch support to the new category labels.

Jamie wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 pm Also, what will happen if a track, or album has a blank genre? Will it have to default it to something and would this sort of circumstance just be logged as an error?
See screenshot above - missing genres create that 'Genre Tag Missing' placeholder. No error is created.

Jamie

Re: [Added in v5.0] Multiple Music Libraries

Post by Jamie » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:39 pm

This looks great!!!