Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[On Roadmap] UI Customization

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
mikemack

Re: UI Customization

Post by mikemack » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Here are some links to the UI customization that MM uses.

https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/user-customization.aspx
https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/written- ... tomization

I do not remember exactly how the default "view" is set to categories rather than genres. I will poke around and see if I can remember how it is done.

My preference would be to have this "view" be my default when I launch MM Browser. Is there a way you can repurpose what Binnerup has already built and mimic the way MCE presented the "view" once all the associated files and images were placed into the appropriate directories?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 pm

mikemack wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm I am not sure why the Superhero-covers screen shot is not showing which might have answered the question. Once you select the category the category backdrop goes away and the backdrop becomes the fanart.jpg that is attached to the movie cover that is in focus.

Superhero-covers.JPG
Yikes. That's a big departure from what I have coded now. It's not impossible, just a lot of work. I'll have to evaluate this aspect further.

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:07 pm

mikemack wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm Is there a way you can repurpose what Binnerup has already built and mimic the way MCE presented the "view" once all the associated files and images were placed into the appropriate directories?
No, this simply isn't possible. MM Browser doesn't share a single line of code with anything BInnerup has created. It is a standalone product, in a completely different language.

Not only does it not share anything with Binnerup's code, it doesn't share anything with Windows Media Center. I had to start from scratch, 19k lines of code so far.

The only thing I've been able to reuse were the Cover Profiles, but that wasn't a huge time savings and I ended up creating my own anyway.

At best I can let you re-use some artwork, but everything else has to be programmed from scratch.

Paul

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:13 pm

v1.9 is now out, and includes the ability to set the custom background.

Genre backgrounds is still being looked at for future versions.

Paul

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Pauven wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:44 pm Mike, I think this is awesome. I appreciate the refresher and explainations on how this works. I remember seeing screenshots of this on the MyMovies website, but never played around with it.

I think this is something I can do, and I will add it to the roadmap. I have a lot of features to add ahead of it, so I'm thinking v2.1 might be the target release for this functionality.

Hey Mike, I just wanted to take a minute and apologize for my poor guidance above. This customization is still on the roadmap, and will definitely happen, but obviously it didn't make it into v2.1. Or 2.2. Or 3.0. And unfortunately it won't be in 3.1 either (which will be out real soon, by the way).

I'm hard pressed at the moment to figure out when I will do this. I've been cooking up some great improvements to CMC, improvements that I think take priority over this request, so I've been working through those first. It's a lot of effort ahead of me, which I can see easily taking me into mid Spring. A lot of that work will lay the groundwork for this request (things like making the covers touch enabled, and doing scrolling animations). Long-term it makes sense for me to get this new enhanced groundwork completed before building a new GUI view on top of the legacy groundwork, only to have to turn around and rework the new GUI view to use the enhanced behaviors too.

Hope you understand.

Paul

RKEP

Re: [On Roadmap] UI Customization

Post by RKEP » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi

I've just started using this program and think it is very promising and its great that it is being pursued. I am am in full agreement with Michael on the subject of Catagories with scrolling images. I have always used this but in a simpler fashion than Michael. In WMC, program data there are various folders for backdrops, covers etc, and there is one for user customisation which where you find a Catagory folder. I love the clapperboard images and make my own PNG's and place them in this folder and they appear as shown in the attachment. These just link to the normal cover list for films in the catagory. As long as we could do something similar and have the option to start the program on this screen I think it would be great. What Michael suggests is another level and even better! Hopefully you can impliment this and I wait in anticipation.

Best Regards

Richard
DSC_0159.JPG
DSC_0159.JPG (681.22 KiB) Viewed 8037 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Thanks Richard.

While there's some other items ahead of this in the development queue, I think there's a good chance I will be getting to the categories type GUI view in the second half of 2020.

Paul

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Sat May 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Paul,

This is all good stuff. I love seeing the evolution of the product. Great work!

I am content in being patient to see what you can do with the categories view and the UI customization. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in any way.

Regards,

Michael