Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v1.9] Online/Offline Titles

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
michael1

Re: Online/Offline Titles

Post by michael1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi Paul,

this is absolutely ok.
I am currently coping all my remaining DVDs to HDD to increase my online collection. As next I will create folders for my Blu-rays and UHD Blu-rays (which I am not planning to copy), and define these as online titles in My Movies as well, so it will be filled automatically with meta data. Afterwards I will move the Collection Mgmt from my Win7 pc to my Win10 pc including HDD and movies, and install MMBrowser as front end.
So I still have a way to go until there and not so much time actually, but I am planning to finish this until June/July.
If MMBrowser would support Offline titles until then (no requirement of a playable media in the folder), I would be more than happy, means of course I will purchase it ;)

I hope that the MMBrowser community will be further growing and more and more functionality can be added. I have some ideas already :D

Thanks!
Mike

michael1

Post by michael1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 am

Hi Paul,

just wanted to asked your plan for releasing the offline title feature :?: :D

Thanks
Mike

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Mike,

I'm planning to include it for the next dot release, v1.9. I'm targeting August/September.

I've been swamped upgrading 70 interfaces for an enterprise client of mine. My delivery date is in the next few weeks, so once that is done I can return to MM Browser work. Sorry for the delay.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi Mike,

I just added offline support to v1.9, which is still in beta.

Drop me a line if you want to test the beta, otherwise I'm targeting September to release v1.9.

Paul

michael1

Post by michael1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi Paul,
Great to hear that. Unfortunately i am not home the next 2 weeks and therefore cannot access my system. Afterwards I would be very happy to test the beta. Can I simply download this from the homepage?

Thanks
Mike

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Hey Mike,

All betas are private. I will give you a download link when you're ready.

Paul

michael1

Re: [In v1.9 beta] Online/Offline Titles

Post by michael1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi Paul,

I am back and ready to test the beta-version.
Just let me know what to do, and how to feedback to you
Exciting... 8-)

thanks
Mike

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Hey Mike,

I just put together a nice email to you, telling you all about v1.9 Beta 5 and how to test Offline Titles, and I was about to hit send when I double-checked and realized that Offline Titles are not in Beta 5... Doh!

Offline Titles are in Beta 6, which is not ready to go out the door yet. Beta 6 includes the multi-row covers and the music playback features. Adding music playback has been like creating an entirely new GUI, and I've still got some more work to do.

I anticipate I'll have Beta 6 ready for testing in the next week and a half. Unfortunately, college football starts this weekend here in the US (Go Bama :D ), so my productivity will take a hit.

I'll go ahead and send you the email anyway, so you can test Beta 5, and it will prompt to update to Beta 6 when I release it.

Paul

michael1

Post by michael1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi Paul,

yes I saw your email and downloaded the beta5. I am going to have a look on it on the weekend. For me of course the Offline title feature is the most interessing because I have many BDs and UHD BDs as discs which I want to archive within MMBrowser. So I wait for beta6 to test, and anyway need some preparations like folders with meta-data for my offlne titles, etc. ;)
ahhhh... even more exciting :mrgreen:

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Paul, we all most likely understand football season whether it be College or NFL. Maybe non-Americans don't, but I do understand. I'm an NFL follower and Sundays I will be useless until early January, or February, depending whether my team makes the playoffs. Go Cowboys. I do follow Bama for college football. I like Lou Saben.

Jamie