Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Lot of ideas for future versions] Limiting export to some shares

How-To and general support for the CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) which exports My Movies data via the My Movies API.
Pauven

Re: Limiting export to some shares

Post by Pauven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:49 pm

By the way, something I just realized I hadn't told you before, for the offline shares to be viewable, the use of artwork caching is NOT optional.

You must enable the "Movie Artwork Cache" option, which makes a local copy of all artwork files, and the local copy is always used first - primarily to speed up loading of artwork and make the GUI faster, but in your case since some servers are offline it will be the only accessible copy of the artwork for these titles.

If you don't have the Movie Artwork Cache enabled, then not only will you get the missing ? cover displayed in their place, but you will have to sit through that painful 24 second timeout as CMC attempts to load the artwork from the offline locations.

I'm sure you've already figured that out, but though I should mention this just in case.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Post by Manni » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:01 pm

No worries, artwork caching is the first thing I enabled :)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:46 pm

I just released CMC v2.2 RC14, and it includes the new faster 15 second timeout for offline shares. This only applies if the 'Keep Offline Titles' option is enabled, otherwise the previous timeout logic kicks in.

Included with CMC RC14 is CME v1 RC24. This includes the change to keep the Disc Title if it includes the MainMovie or SecondMainMovie entry. If this is information you want exported in your metadata, then you will need to do a full export (disable Changes Only) with the "Force Update XML" option enabled.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Post by Manni » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Pauven wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:46 pm I just released CMC v2.2 RC14, and it includes the new faster 15 second timeout for offline shares. This only applies if the 'Keep Offline Titles' option is enabled, otherwise the previous timeout logic kicks in.

Included with CMC RC14 is CME v1 RC24. This includes the change to keep the Disc Title if it includes the MainMovie or SecondMainMovie entry. If this is information you want exported in your metadata, then you will need to do a full export (disable Changes Only) with the "Force Update XML" option enabled.
Thanks, I always delete everything except the .cfg when I install a new beta version and re-generate the whole database. I also re-run the export metadata from the latest CME, just in case.