Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Partially in v2.2] Considering moving to CMC but a few issues and missing features in the way...

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Considering moving to CMC but a few issues and missing features in the way...

Post by Pauven » Fri May 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Sorting by title does sort using the My Movies' "Sort Title" field. So I'm not sure why you are saying this isn't working. I looked at this just a few days ago to make sure it was still working in 2.2, and it seemed right to me. Do you have some examples?

I think the Genre/Categories Access Violation error is caused on a new install after the first sync, before closing and reopening CMC. I'll have to look into that a bit closer. Most likely I just need to re-create the labels after a Sync (one is created for each Genre/Category), and the AV error is a result of trying to access a label for a new Genre or Cat that hasn't been created.

With the TV Series/Episodes, you will want to use the new CMC Metadata Exporter (CME). Please read that new section on the forum and follow all the steps. Without CME, the default metadata from My Movies isn't good enough to show the nice TV Series browser.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Re: Considering moving to CMC but a few issues and missing features in the way...

Post by Manni » Sat May 25, 2019 3:01 am

Re sort, you are correct. It's one of my titles, The Big Lebowski, that had a wrong sort title. It appeared just after an "S" title, and it was last due to the 101 titles limitations of the free edition, hence the wrong assumption. Once corrected in MM and after a resync, it appeared where it should, so no problem with CMC.

Your explanation re the exception error for 2.2 sounds correct. It wasn't the case with 2.1 though, as it never worked there, ever after the first launch/exit.

Yes I've seen that a separate utility was needed for TV Series Episodes, that why I didn't do it yesterday as it was late :) I'll try it later overt eh week-end and I'll report back.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:54 pm

I have fixed the Category / Genre bug that causes Access Violation errors after the initial Sync. This fix is in CMC v2.2 RC14.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Post by Manni » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Pauven wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:54 pm I have fixed the Category / Genre bug that causes Access Violation errors after the initial Sync. This fix is in CMC v2.2 RC14.
Thanks, I didn't get these with RC14 but I got this one instead (only once):
Out of bounds error.JPG
Out of bounds error.JPG (64.78 KiB) Viewed 3968 times
I re-did a full sync after that (I had deleted all the CMC folder except my .cfg file when I installed RC14), and I didn't see it again.