Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Title will not display if the is an apostrophe in folder and file name

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

[CLOSED] Title will not display if the is an apostrophe in folder and file name

Post by Jamie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 pm

I just found a problem with MM_Browser when there is an apostrophe in the folder and iso, art name. I removed the apostrophe in both the folder and iso names.

see attached screen shots
Attachments
File explorer view
File explorer view
a dog's purpose 2.gif (622.26 KiB) Viewed 9558 times
screenshot 1 inside MM_Browser
screenshot 1 inside MM_Browser
a dog's purpose.gif (824.23 KiB) Viewed 9558 times

Pauven

Re: Title will not display if the is an apostrophe in folder and file name

Post by Pauven » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks for the report Jamie.

I think I know the cause of this problem. It will require a minor code fix.

I'll do some internal testing and report back.

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Jamie,

I've found numerous examples of folders with apostrophes that are working fine, here's an example:
MMB Title with Apostrophe.png
MMB Title with Apostrophe.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 9555 times
Are you sure that the folder causes the problem? Is it perhaps just the filename?

Paul

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Since I didn't have any files with an apostrophe in the filename, I went ahead and mocked up some test data. In addition to changing the directory and filenames, I also edited both mymovies.xml files to include apostrophes inside the meta-data.

MMB Title Apostrophe Test Dir.png
MMB Title Apostrophe Test Dir.png (35.01 KiB) Viewed 9553 times

I then imported using 1.7.2017.1230, the latest public stable version. It showed up just fine:

MMB Title Apostrophe Test.png
MMB Title Apostrophe Test.png (372.84 KiB) Viewed 9553 times

At this point, I have been unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Are you running .1230?

Perhaps you can zip up a folder for me to test, just replace the ISO with an empty file.

Paul

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:38 pm

This was a new title I added over christmas "A Dog's Purpose". After having mymovies create the iso and folder structure by ripping the title through mymovies, I synced MM_Browser. I then could not find the title in MM_Browser. I carefully looked at the sort field in mymovies and I went to MM_Browser to see where it should appear, but it didn't. I then noticed the apostrophe in "Dog's" and looked at the folder on the drobo. The folder, the ISO and some of the jpgs had the apostrophe in "Dog's". I manually removed the apostrophes from the folder name, the iso and the other files. I then synced mm_browser again and then my movie popped up in MM_Browser. There were no errors in the log files so I thought the the sync was never seeing the iso because the apostrophe caused it to skip the folder. I would think if it properly recognized the iso it would have written an error in the log.

Maybe it was a fluke. I will check through some of my other titles. I'm sure this isn't the only one dealing with apostrophes.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

The only other possibility I can think of is that perhaps you had the title marked as 'Watched' in My Movies, and were showing Unwatched Only in MM Browser. More than once I've thought a title was missing, only to realize that one of the various filters (Watched/Unwatched, Media Type, Genre, Category, Search value) was hiding it from view.

I have it on my to-do list to make all of the various filtering icons indicate when filtering is active (just like the Watched/Unwatched icon), as it is too easy to forget that a filter is being applied.

There still might be an issue where the apostrophe is somehow causing a problem on your network, but not on mine.

If you're up for a bit of troubleshooting, you may want to try putting the apostrophes back in the folder and filenames and see if the title disappears again.

If you find more examples, please let me know, I'm here to help.

Paul

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:48 pm

After further discussion with Jamie, I am closing this bug report. The issue was not reproducible on either system, so we will chalk this up to a fluke.