Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Error message staying on top

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Gilles2

Error message staying on top

Post by Gilles2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:54 am

Hi there,
Purchased today a key for MM Browser as I want to support your efforts developing this great piece of software.
I noticed a small issue today : I have a few titles which generate issues mounting the ISO. This is somathing I need to sort in MM.
Nevertheless, the MM Browser issues is that when this error message is displayed "Mounting ISO...", when pressing the back putton for the remote control, the error message satys persistent on top of the covers flow for a while. I guess it should go away immediately.

Thanks

Pauven

Re: Error message staying on top

Post by Pauven » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:05 am

Hey Gilles2, and thank you for your support.

The 'Mounting ISO...' step has a default configured timeout of 30 seconds, which you can adjust on the settings screen. During this time, Virtual CloneDrive is used to mount the selected ISO file.

If the mount is successful within the configured timeout, then your selected player (PowerDVD or MPC) should be Launched to play it.

'Mounting ISO...' is not an error message, just an information message to let you know what is happening. But it sounds like this is not working correctly for you. This is most likely not a My Movies issue. If the mounting fails, then at the end of the configured timeout, there may be an actual error message displayed for a few more seconds.

Do you have Virtual CloneDrive installed? This is a separate program, and is not included with MM Browser. It handles the mounting of ISO files, and if it is not installed that will cause the Mounting ISO step to fail.

Are your ISO files online/reachable? If the files are on a network or removable drive, and you interrupt or unplug the connection, the file won't be reachable. Also, if you have moved an ISO since your last Sync, then MM Browser would need to be Synced again to find it.

Please check the above, and let me know. I'm here to help further if needed.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Gilles2

Post by Gilles2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:53 am

Hi Paul,
I understandf that Mounting ISO is not an error message :-)
Sorry, my explanations are not clear.
I al talking of the case when the ISO mounting is not succesful for any reason (such as the ISO file is not correct). In that case, an error message is displayed... and this is this error message taht doesn't go away before a while and stays on top of the MMBrowser interface.
To reproduce:
- for instance rmove the path to VCD in MMBrowser settings
- try to launch an ISO file from MMBrowser
- this will generate an error (as it can't find VCD.exe)
- with the error message, press the back button of the remote control to come back to MMBrowser title flow
- you should see the error message staying on top of the cover flows.

I hope it helps

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am

Hey Gilles2,

Are you talking about this error message?:

VCDMount_Error.jpg
VCDMount_Error.jpg (32.89 KiB) Viewed 7519 times

If so, then that is from Virtual CloneDrive, not MM Browser. And instead of hitting 'Back', you can press 'OK' or 'Enter' on your remote or keyboard, and it should go away.

I don't think there is anything I can do from inside MM Browser to control Virtual CloneDrive error messages.

Is that the error message you were referring to, or is it something else? If something else, can you take a screenshot and share it here?

Thanks,
Paul

Gilles2

Post by Gilles2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:18 am

Hi Paul,
This is not this error message. Sorry.
The error message is displayed in large white letter on the MMBrowser interface, not in a separate windon like on your example.
I will try to replicate and capture a picture. May take a few days as I don't have much time to spend on my set-up those days.

Thanks for your support

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 am

Hey GIlles,

I had tried to replicate your experience by following your directions, and the error message window I showed was the only one that stayed on top.

The messages in big white letters updated quickly for me, and went away quickly as well.

I'll wait for your screenshot. Also, have you found a root cause for the error message? Whatever is causing this problem for you is something I have not seen before, so if I know the problem, I can recreate on my side to troubleshoot.

Don't feel rushed, we can work on your schedule, no problem.

Paul

Gilles2

Post by Gilles2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi Paul,

Here is a view of what is displayed. After an error message similar to the one you shared abobe, when pressing OK and then the back button to come back to the MMBrowser window, the message in white stays on top for a while. I believe it should go away when one hits the "back" button.

Here I reproduced on a PWDVD issue, but same experience when there is a VCDrive mounting issue.