Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[My Movies issue] Errors Installing Windows 10 Release 1903

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
modenwalder

[My Movies issue] Errors Installing Windows 10 Release 1903

Post by modenwalder » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:13 pm

I was continually getting an error (80070714) from Windows when trying to install Release 1903. To get around this I did the following:

1. Stopped Red Fox and its Helper
2. Stopped all SQLServer tasks and processes/services (associated with MyMovies).
3. Stopped the PowerDvd task
4. Stopped all of the MyMovies tasks/processes

Once I did this 1903 was able to install, albeit very slowly and this is a gen 7 Core i5 machine with a 1 G SSD boot drive. I had a similar issue with Release 1803. I am posting this in case anyone else runs into this issue with MyMovies as I reckon we all have similar setups and other could have this issue. Hope this helps.

Regards Michael O
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Re: Errors Installing Windows 10 Release 1903

Post by Pauven » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks for sharing Michael.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would suggest that the SQLServer processes/services were the problem. The version used by My Movies is very old, and I've had it interfere with 1803 before, as have others.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

modenwalder

Re: Errors Installing Windows 10 Release 1903

Post by modenwalder » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Paul,

That was my thought as well, but when I tried that last week it still failed, so today I went full bore and disabled everything that I thought Windows might not like - those programs that may be digging a little too deep into the OS.

I am about to start playing with CME for the first time. Looks really interesting.
Regards - Michael O