Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Powerdvd 16, 17 buffer overrun with dvd tv episodes

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Powerdvd 16, 17 buffer overrun with dvd tv episodes

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Hmmm, hadn't thought about that. Was WMC able to start DVD Episodes at a specific Title/Chapter?

I think I would be more interested in knowing how PowerDVD integrated into WMC. But my understanding is all that died with PDVD 13.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 am

Pauven wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:24 pm Hmmm, hadn't thought about that. Was WMC able to start DVD Episodes at a specific Title/Chapter?

I think I would be more interested in knowing how PowerDVD integrated into WMC. But my understanding is all that died with PDVD 13.
I use MyMovies and WMC still. WMC which uses Windows Media Player is able to play specific episodes on the DVD, ISO, or folder structure if they are correctly mapped. I use Total Media Theratre Extreme v5 and it actually uses a plugin that installs into the WMC interface that calls the player to start playing the media once you either load a disc or select a title from the interface. I think PDVD 13 did the same thing. I think that’s how it worked, but that was a while ago when I saw it.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:14 am

Teddyboy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 am I use MyMovies and WMC still. WMC which uses Windows Media Player is able to play specific episodes on the DVD, ISO, or folder structure if they are correctly mapped. I use Total Media Theratre Extreme v5 and it actually uses a plugin that installs into the WMC interface that calls the player to start playing the media once you either load a disc or select a title from the interface. I think PDVD 13 did the same thing. I think that’s how it worked, but that was a while ago when I saw it.
Maybe that's the answer, that WMC used WMP and not PowerDVD to playback DVD ISO Episodes.

I wonder if this capability broke if you configured to launch PowerDVD for DVD's.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Yes, Powerdvd 15 and before had a WMC plugin. Cyberlink did away with the plugin in Powerdvd 16. I never tested PowerDVD 16 or later with TV episodes, so I don't know whether that feature died when the plugin was removed. It probably did, but I never saw any comments in the MM forum about the loss of that functionality. I could have missed seeing a remark being stated in that forum though.