Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

POwerdvd 19 64 bit , anydvd 8.3.8.0 And constant mount and dismount of ISO disc

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Chefpj

POwerdvd 19 64 bit , anydvd 8.3.8.0 And constant mount and dismount of ISO disc

Post by Chefpj » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:20 am

This happened in the past and I found a check box that took care of this in mymovies which would eject non supported disc or discs that were in error. Now I just download and installed the latest version of anydvd and the problem is back in full force. this only happens with ISO files CMC displays mounting ISO then launching powerdvd then anydvd reports the title everything seams fine then powerDVD display ejecting disc, CMC displays mounting iso the title shows in powerdvd for a few second then eject is displayed this happens over and over till I crash stop cmc and then the iso disc mounts and I can play it. Not sure what is happening but, I thought I should report it.

Pauven

Re: POwerdvd 19 64 bit , anydvd 8.3.8.0 And constant mount and dismount of ISO disc

Post by Pauven » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks for the report Chef.

Have you tried rebooting? Sometimes AnyDVD gets a little mixed up, and rebooting seems to straighten things out.

If rebooting doesn't help, it might be that something has changed with 8.3.8.0 that affects how CMC determines that a disc has been mounted. I'll do some testing on my end to check things out.

If anyone else is experiencing issues with 8.3.8.0, or no issues, please let me know.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Chefpj

Re: POwerdvd 19 64 bit , anydvd 8.3.8.0 And constant mount and dismount of ISO disc

Post by Chefpj » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Good morning,
I tried the reboot thing same problem as before. I will continue trying to find a solution to the problem.

Chef Pj

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm

You can enable Debug Logging in CMC, then try to play a disc, and then post here the PlayClick Debug Log that is generated.

EDIT: Bad news on my end. I upgraded to 8.3.8.0, and no issues on my end. Everything works as before.

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:37 pm

I sent a video of the problem to your Email account it 25mb in size to big for here

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 am

I watched the video, thanks.

Please help me remember, do you have PowerDVD configured to Autoplay on disc insert?

This looks like to me that the red fox got into a loop of mounting/unmounting/mounting/unmounting/mounting..., and on each mount Windows launched PowerDVD to Autoplay the inserted disc.

It also looks like to me that CMC only launched PowerDVD once, the very first time.

I've seen the same on my machine from time to time, and this behavior has always been independent of CMC, it's foxy freaking out, getting into that mount/unmount/mount loop. Manually unmounting the disc seems to temporarily help, but ultimately I always have to reboot.

I know you said this issue started with 8.3.8.0. Perhaps something in that version is acting up on your machine? Have you posted on the Foxy website asking for help?

Also, don't forget:
Pauven wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm You can enable Debug Logging in CMC, then try to play a disc, and then post here the PlayClick Debug Log that is generated.

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:55 am

I set windows to not autoplay. I posted on Foxy some time ago and got the response that foxy has nothing to do with mounting and unmounting discs. I am able to recreate the problem. It happen mainly with the second disc that I mount usually the first disc that I play works fine. then I start another movie and that is when the behavior starts.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Open foxy's status page for the virtual drive letter you are mounting, and watch it when you see this mount/unmount/mount loop happening. You will see foxy scanning the disc over and over. It seems like it get's in some type of internal processing loop.

I've been able to re-create this even outside of CMC, simply mounting an ISO directly from file explorer. All CMC should be doing is telling Virtual CloneDrive to mount the disc once, and beyond that it is out of CMC's hands. CMC monitors the progress, waiting for the mount to be complete, then launches PowerDVD (or whatever you have configured).

It might be that this is a Virtual CloneDrive issue, as when the issue crops up for me, I can manually unmount the ISO in VCD, then it behaves okay the next time.

User ChefPJ You emailed another solution to me a while back:
chefpj wrote:I think it is a mymovies issue. I would mount a disc then it would eject then remount anydvd would come up scanning disc then ejecting disc. This went on and on till I end task anydvd and started it again. Today I was looking at setting in mymovies and under general and advance I discovered two check boxes “eject disc on restart “ and “ eject unsupported disc” since unchecking these two boxes and continuing to map tv episodes this eject problem has gone away. Thought I would share this with you

So definitely look into My Movies as causing this issue. I've only ever had this issue on a PC that is also running My Movies, so I think there's a good chance Chef is you are right. When I tested with 8.3.8, this was on a PC that is NOT running My Movies, so that might be why I didn't have any issues.

EDIT: I just realized that you are the user that emailed me the solution regarding My Movies. Sorry, helping so many users today I got my wires crossed.

Also, if you
Pauven wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm enable Debug Logging in CMC, then try to play a disc, and then post here the PlayClick Debug Log that is generated
then we can review the log, which should show CMC only mounting the disc once - or if CMC really is misbehaving and mounting/unmounting/mounting as you say, then the log will reveal that.