Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Disc names in MM Browser

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Disc names in MM Browser

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Okay, thanks for the update.

My Movies does seem to have meta-data update issues, especially since they went to a background service as the main way to perform these updates. I often see a lag time, or simply the background service stops (called 'My Movies General Service' in the Windows Services). There's no user feedback on the status of this service, so it is easy for it to stop and go unnoticed except for issues like you had here.

Rebooting is often the easiest fix, but now that I've learned to first check if the My Movies General Service is running, I don't even have to reboot anymore to fix it.

When it isn't running, all your changes get queued up, and are not written to the mymovies.xml files.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:26 pm

It was probably old data in an xml file. I recommend doing a clean of the metadata for the problem disks folders if this should happen again. The update function in mymovies does not overwrite existing metadata files. If you use the "save metadata" button at the top on the mymovies window, it will overwrite the metadata for the disk you're editing. The "save metadata" button is usually beside the yellow triangle button.

Gilles2

Post by Gilles2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:14 am

Thanks both Paul and Jamie for support.
Unfortunately, the update Metadata button in MyMovies doesn't always updates data as expected. I have been updating a lot my database recently since I have started to use MMBrowser, and I experienced a lot of difficulties to get the metadata updated. Clearing all metadata and re-generating doesn't update all data in all folders and the update metadata button in MyMovies doesn't always create metadata in a folder.
Need several tries, and sometimes changing a few things in the data itself to force MyMovies to re-create the data... painful, but after several tries it eventually works most of the time...

I have a similar issue with one title which keeps telling me in MMBrowser that the boxset has 0 child titles while the box set seems to be correct in MyMovies (even detached and re-attached all childs, with no change). Do you have any idea what could be the issue there?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:50 am

I'm not sure why My Movies would be unwilling to update the meta-data after you've done a 'Clean'. The only time I've seen this problem is when the title had mysteriously disappeared from the My Movies database (which is known to happen).

I hate that you've had so many challenges with the meta-data clean-up. Unfortunately, this is a Binnerup issue that I'm unable to resolve. It sounds like you've been taking the right steps.

Regarding the empty box set message - my recommendation is to just ignore this for now. There are two ways to setup box sets in My Movies, and both are valid, but I've only programmed support for one way. I hope to have full support in the next version.

Paul

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Gilles2 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:14 am Thanks both Paul and Jamie for support.
Unfortunately, the update Metadata button in MyMovies doesn't always updates data as expected. I have been updating a lot my database recently since I have started to use MMBrowser, and I experienced a lot of difficulties to get the metadata updated. Clearing all metadata and re-generating doesn't update all data in all folders and the update metadata button in MyMovies doesn't always create metadata in a folder.
Need several tries, and sometimes changing a few things in the data itself to force MyMovies to re-create the data... painful, but after several tries it eventually works most of the time...

I have a similar issue with one title which keeps telling me in MMBrowser that the boxset has 0 child titles while the box set seems to be correct in MyMovies (even detached and re-attached all childs, with no change). Do you have any idea what could be the issue there?
Check to see if the disks, folders for all the titles in the boxset are assigned in the disk menu. This baffled me for a while until I went into the boxset and looked at each title attached to the boxset. I found the the individual disks somehow were no longer assigned to each title.

Gilles2

Post by Gilles2 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:56 am

Hi Jamie and Paul,
I found the issue with the bow set showing 0 childs.
When checking if the files were properly attached to each title, I realized that those child folders had no My Movies Metadata (though I have several already eliminated and re-created all Metadata in my database).
Re-forcing Metadata creation in each folder in My Movies was the needed step... now all titles appear in the Box Set in MM Browser.

Thanks

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 am

Excellent.

Can I close out this support ticket, or are there any additional issues that need to be addressed?

Thanks,
Paul

Gilles2

Post by Gilles2 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:48 am

Hi Paul,
Feel free to close this support ticket. A lot of the difficulties come from the way MyMovies is updating Metadata.
Thanks for your support,
Gilles