Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Request Rescinded] New external player addition.

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Pauven

Re: New external player addition.

Post by Pauven » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:37 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:16 pm I remember when I ran MyMovies for WMC and total media theatre I didn’t have to quit like I do now. If I remember correctly I could press the back button and it would go back to where I was. That’s when TMT had their little helper app that started TMT inside WMC.

I think you're right. There was a level of integration between those products that simply no longer exists.

The lack of integration between products is only made worse by the poor manners of some products. For example, when running, PowerDVD intercepts all remote control WMC/multimedia button presses, and refuses to forward them to other programs. So no matter what I programmed, if PowerDVD was running then only PowerDVD was responding to the remote, and if PowerDVD didn't have the remote behavior you wanted (like to close PowerDVD), you were out of luck.

It's impossible to launch CMC from the remote control if PowerDVD is running! How rude!

Luckily programming the ALT+F4 hotkey to a button allows you to "escape" PowerDVD back to the safety of CMC.

I do have some ideas for the future, like making a tray icon that listens for remote presses and takes action, and maybe that type of approach will bypass PowerDVD's antics.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Power DVD was the same way when WMC was at its height. It all stems from the players wanting to have focus. That’s a pretty interesting idea regarding a little tray app running in the background. You might be able to mimic the behavior of the little helper apps that power dvd and TMT used to have to run under WMC. Maybe it might be possible to unify remote mappings for MPC, power dvd, and JRiver’s player for consistency?

One other thing. When the player is loading I really don’t need to see in big white letters that the jriver player, or MPC player is loading. It’s especially annoying when it splashes right in the middle of the screen.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:40 pm One other thing. When the player is loading I really don’t need to see in big white letters that the jriver player, or MPC player is loading. It’s especially annoying when it splashes right in the middle of the screen.
Then turn it off. ;)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:07 pm Hi Paul,
Would it be possible to add windows media player as a external player? I just want to use it so I can play episodes. I’m having a heck of a time trying to control MPC-BE with a remote. Maybe it might be easier to control it from a traditional MCE remote?

Hey Efrain, are you still wanting this? Or are you now good with MPC?

I think MPC is a much better player than WMP could ever be, so now that you've fully adopted MPC and customized the controls, I'm guessing you really don't have a need for WMP anymore.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Let’s pass on that. I can use MPC along with madvr which I’m not currently doing right now, but I will use madvr when my htpc hardwire is upgraded.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium