Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Moved] Forum for discussing Player Issues

Talk about and get help for your favorite media players, like MPC, PowerDVD, DVDFab Player, JRiver, VLC, PotPlayer, and more!
ScareDcrow

[Moved] Forum for discussing Player Issues

Post by ScareDcrow » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:24 pm

Just wondering if we can have a seperate Forum for users to discuss the relative merits of various players as others (especially new users of CMC) might find it useful.

I am hearing impaired (result of a car crash) so subtitles are important to me. I found issues with PowerDVD and MPC-BE. Ultimately I have selected DVDFab Player for Blu-Ray and VLC for everything else.

Also I have had pixelization issues with playing Blu-Rays with PowerDVD (esp the movie 2012).

Highly recommend that new users download a few trials and test them out before purchasing a license.

Jamie

Re: Forum for discussing Player Issues

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:41 pm

I mostly use Jriver Mediacenter for UHD and bluray. From what I understand it has good subtitle support but I am more visually impaired than hearing impaired. You can set it up to just be a player and not catalog your titles. You should be fast and ready to shut it down from linking to every video and every music file that's on your system. A notice will appear on the bottom left of your screen and refuse to give it permission to search your system for Music and video file extensions.

For DVD I like MPC-BE especially for TV series episodes.

Jamie

Pauven

Re: Forum for discussing Player Issues

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 am

ScareDcrow wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:24 pm Just wondering if we can have a seperate Forum for users to discuss the relative merits of various players as others (especially new users of CMC) might find it useful.
Great idea!

Done: viewforum.php?f=21
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter