Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

The Goonies: Exclusive Giftset (4K + BR + Digital)

Sales happen. And when they do, we'll post about them here. Noteworthy new releases too. And if you find the deal first, post it here so we all can benefit.
Pauven

The Goonies: Exclusive Giftset (4K + BR + Digital)

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:45 pm

For most of my movie purchases these days, I'm always looking to get a good value. For me to pry my wallet open, DVD's have to be under $10, Blu-rays $10-$20, and 4K UHD $15-$25. Anything higher than that, and it's got to be something special.

Well, I just found something special. Amazon has the new "The Goonies: Exclusive Giftset (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital). This seems to be an Amazon exclusive, and it looks like a nice piece of kit to celebrate The Goonies 35th anniversary.

image.png
image.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 6037 times

At $50, this far exceeds my normal movie budget, but the special edition features of one of my favorite movies have me thinking this is a must have for my collection.

https://www.amazon.com/Goonies-Exclusiv ... ef=sr_1_12

I don't think it comes out until September. More details here: https://comicbook.com/gear/news/the-goo ... pre-order/
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Re: The Goonies: Exclusive Giftset (4K + BR + Digital)

Post by Jamie » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:55 pm

I saw this and was intrigued. I think I will get GOT season 8 first. I might get the 4k UHD HDR so that I can see the battle scenes which were totally black on my HD TV.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:12 pm

I hear ya. I watched GoT S8 via streaming, and the dark scenes might as well have looked like this:

image.png
image.png (12.13 KiB) Viewed 6032 times

I wish I had an HDR capable TV to enjoy 4K UHD in HDR, I bet that would be awesome. Though I have seen HDR in a Dolby Atmos Cinema theater, I've never actually seen HDR on a TV. Crazy, right? I literally don't know what I'm missing... Ignorance=Bliss?

I did pick up GoT S8 on Blu-ray, which will probably help in the dark scenes, but I haven't been inspired enough to rewatch it. Maybe in a few years once I've forgotten how bad it was...

Too much "new" content to watch before I rewatch anything. I'm currently enjoying Breaking Bad, we're on Season 4 now. Next will be Better Call Saul. Then probably The Sopranos. Yeah, I know these are all old, but new to me (except for Sopranos Seasons 1 & 2, which I watched and loved about a decade ago).

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:24 pm

By the way, has anyone here ever seen any of the alternate cuts of The Goonies?

I've seen The Goonies so many times, I thought I knew it by heart. But one time watching it on broadcast TV I saw I new scene, where Stef gets attacked by an octopus, and I knew I had never seen that before. I've never been able to see it again, not in any version I've watched.

You can read about some of the known variations on IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/alternateversions

What really disappoints me is when they say things like "Footage of this so far hasn't been show on TV nor in any DVD version" or "This is scene is not found in any DVD version". Seriously!?

And this statement makes me wonder if I've ever truly seen the whole movie: "The USA TV version deletes almost 20 minutes of footage, but adds one short scene of Sloth and Chunk coming upon the hole in the floor over the room of Spikes."

I'm wishful that the 4K UHD Exclusive Giftset might include a full cut of the movie... but I'm not getting my hopes up.