Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Player Command Line Options

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
ScareDcrow

Player Command Line Options

Post by ScareDcrow » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Wondering if it at all possible to have command line options per player. As a hearing impaired person, it would be nice to have subtitles automatically on. Yeah, I know its "just one button" but you have to remember, and normally thats when the dialog is obvious (and I realise I can't hear) and then I have to turn it on and roll the payback back (just in case there was dialog I missed)....For the other person watching, its very apparent that its more annoying than it is for me :-)

Pauven

Re: Player Command Line Options

Post by Pauven » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:46 pm

Which player(s) and command line(s) are you wanting to do?

I thought most players were fairly static on the subtitle options - if you turn them on they're always on. I typically only turn on subtitles on British films or Christopher Nolan films, and find it frustrating that I have to turn them off later. But I figured it was optimized for users like you who always want them on, which is why I found your request a little surprising.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ScareDcrow

Re: Player Command Line Options

Post by ScareDcrow » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 pm

In general I use VNC, MPC-BE and DVDFab. But I've never found any of them retain the subtitle setting