Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Moved to CCC v4.0] Validate File Paths

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
clmber

Re: [Moved to CCC v4.0] Validate File Paths

Post by clmber » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:40 pm

You got me to thinking about my harmony keyboard. It was programmed for page up/down. I reset it to channel up/down and my problems fixed. Thanks!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:17 pm

clmber wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:29 pm I am trying to use the Validate File Paths in CMC Meta data exporter and received the error: [ERROR] VDP-001: Could not connect to API Server: Localhost. It has no problem accessing the API when I run export. I am on CMC 3.6 and MM 5.31.P7 what am I doing wrong?
Have you tried the Validate File Paths feature in CCC yet?

clmber wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:48 pm Yes. I default to movies because that is normally what I am looking to watch. All others seem to nest still, including TV Series. I like the option of nesting so I don't have to scroll through as much (bond 50 for example).
I've added this as an option to v4.1, which I hope to release in the next week or so:

image.png
image.png (231.37 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

clmber

Post by clmber » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm

I haven’t had time to try out the validating paths feature. I have been trying to keep up with all the MM updates recently. Every time they updated I lost the ability to contribute unless I updated. I will try this weekend after updating MM to the new 5.31.2.

Thanks for adding the box set feature!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:34 pm

CCC v4.1 will have official support for MM v5.31.2. Binnerup changed some date time zones in a late 5.31 build, so I have to make sure that CCC (and CME) are working with the new time zones. Early analysis is that I may not have to change anything, and CCC v4.0 is fine, but I'm not done checking yet. Worst case, some Movie, TV Series, or Movie Collection changes may not be picked up automatically, or picked up repeatedly for several hours.

Yeah, I guess that does sound potentially bad... but I'm running 5.31.2 and so far everything seems okay.

clmber

Post by clmber » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:05 pm

OK, I was able to validate paths and it went very quickly, with no problem.

I have upgraded to MM 5.31.2 (server essentials and clients) and I have also uninstalled most of my HTPC MM clients now that I am on CMC v4 and not WMC. Upgrading one is much easier now and CMC mostly self upgrades so I don't have to go and download, save, unblock, etc... which is much more convenient. I only use the clients on the two machines I work on MM disc profiles on.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:51 pm

Excellent.

I'm glad that CMC is starting to make things easier for you.

I went one step further - I only run a single My Movies PC, in a VM, and I remote desktop into it to manage my collection. And since the VM is running on my server, far away in my basement, I run a Network USB hub that lets me connect a USB Blu-ray reader in my office, over the network and into my virtual machine, as if it was a physical drive in the My Movies PC. I do all my main ripping my from office PC straight to my storage, but when working on TV Series and I need to scan the chapters, I just pop the disc into the networked Blu-ray drive and I can read it into My Movies.