Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[ANSWERED] How does CMC scan for new movie titles?

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
lovehtpc

[ANSWERED] How does CMC scan for new movie titles?

Post by lovehtpc » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:34 pm

HI folks,

Long time user of CMC - we love it!

It has been awhile since i've added new movies (mp4, avi, etc) to my collections, but recently i added a few. Do i still need mymovies to scan and create the xml files? Or does CMC have a built-in function i can use to scan for new titles and create all the xml, art, etc? Forgive me if this is a basic question as i'm a little rusty on the software.

I do use tiny media manager to add poster art and etc, but CMC doesn't pull in the movie.nfo file it creates and it doesn't show in the catalog of movies.

Thanks for the help!

Pauven

Re: How does CMC scan for new movie titles?

Post by Pauven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:29 pm

Hey lovehtpc,

Yes, CMC still requires you to use My Movies for organizing your collection, which creates all the rich metadata (movie details and artwork) that allows CMC to work well.

I've considered adding support for other media managers, but as of now CMC only works with My Movies.

If you haven't used it in a while, you might still be using the legacy folder scanning logic in CMC. A little over a year ago I added a new export tool, CCC (Central Controller). This offers much better export of your collection from My Movies, providing more capability than CME could do with the file based export. You may want to check it out, plenty of info here on the forum.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

lovehtpc

Re: How does CMC scan for new movie titles?

Post by lovehtpc » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Got it, thank you!

If you do consider support for other media managers, 'Tiny Media Manager' is fantastic - ultra light weight, and extremely simple to use. I use it along with My Movies (once again). Although personally, i would like to get away from my movies.

Thanks, Paul!