Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

What is Unraid and how to build an Unraid media server

Show off your HTPC builds, NAS Servers, and any other hardware. Great place to ask for hardware help too.
Pauven

Re: What is Unraid and how to build an Unraid media server

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:41 pm

Sounds to me like you migrated just in the nick of time. Maybe the stress of offloading the data was a bit (or byte) too far.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Post by Manni » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Maybe. Still, I’m glad that my new Unraid servers are fully repairable and serviceable by myself, whatever happens.
I need to find a way to backup though, even if I put 8 4TB in the QNAP, they won’t give me much space (28tb in Raid 5). Not enough for my 4K Blu-ray shares.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:14 pm

I don't guess you've read my new post from yesterday yet: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=489

Might give you some ideas. Combined with something like this adapter and you can find a way to use all your drives outside of your NAS devices: https://www.amazon.com/SATA-Drive-Adapt ... 106&sr=8-4

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:45 am

Parity Check finished in the standard time, no discernable difference.

So far, everything is working well. But I thought the same a few weeks ago. Looking back, I realize now that the call trace errors don't crop up for 1-2 weeks. Now begins the waiting game.

Side note, I noticed that this forum thread is the most viewed topic on this website, by far. Approaching 121-thousand views. Figures it would take a popular solution like Unraid to drive traffic to this site. Similarly, the MPC optimization tutorial is #3 with over 42k views.

Manni

Post by Manni » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:45 pm

Fingers crossed!

Cool that this thread is popular, it's full of great advice (mostly from you) so no wonder.

I've noticed something weird with the CCC installed in the Unraid VM, it's set to export changes every 5 minutes but it doesn't. I have to run an export manually (all the changes or full export) to get new titles to show on the various PCs. Any idea why, and would you like me to start a separate thread about this?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:47 pm

Did you configure the auto start?

If that's not it, then yes please start a new support thread, and include screenshots.

Manni

Post by Manni » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:51 pm

Yes, the VM starts fine, I can't add titles from my PC if MM server isn't running in the Unraid VM, so if I can add a title, it's definitely running. I also run backups from it, so the issue isn't for the VM to start. Next time I add titles I'll document the issue and I'll start a new thread.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:58 pm

Sorry, I meant did you enable the auto start export in CCC.

Manni

Post by Manni » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:28 pm

Thanks, I think that must be it. I had enabled "start CCC minimized in system tray" but I had not enabled "auto start export on program start" as I thought it was automatic. Hopefully that will resolve it. If not, I'll start a thread.

Jamie

Re: Myservers app and api

Post by Jamie » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:25 pm

Are any of you using myservers. I am in the process of replacing a corrupted usb disk and came upon this plugin for replacing the key. I guess you can also use this for monitoring your unraid server away from home and backing up your usb drive. What do you think of this plugin?