Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

5.0 Upgrade Problems

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
pks

5.0 Upgrade Problems

Post by pks » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:48 am

Hi. Hope all is well.
I had been declining the prompt to upgrade because I didn't have time. But I did try to upgrade last night. I believe I had been on the previous version and everything had been working well as usual. So I felt there had been no rush. I had wrote down all my choices in Settings for CMC, CCC because in previous upgrades some did not carry over and I had to re-think how I wanted these options set up.
Now, after downloading 5.0, unzipping to C:/CMC, and executing the program - even running as administrator - the screen comes up as usual and highlights my first movie. But my Right, Left, Up and Down navigation buttons do not work at all. The Enter button will not launch the first movie highlighted. I can use my mouse to hight a different movie but double clicking it does not launch the movie. Also the menu icons can not be chosen and activated. If I click several times with my mouse on the Settings icon I can bring it up. CMC and CCC settings screens show I'm now on V5.0.2022.830. I also can not close CMC but have to resort to using a keyboard and doing Ctrl-Alt-Del to end the application. My OS is Windows 10 Pro.

Pauven

Re: 5.0 Upgrade Problems

Post by Pauven » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:55 am

Hey pks,

So sorry that you're experiencing issues. I've never had anyone describe an issue like this before, so I'm a bit lost on a solution. I think we're just going to have to try some things.

As a first step, I would recommend renaming your CMC directory to C:\CMC_Old, re-download the zip file and extract it new to C:\CMC. Then reconfigure it to talk to your CCC install.

Go ahead and do that, and see if a fresh install addresses the issue.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

pks

Post by pks » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:03 pm

Sorry but I'm not sure what's involved in reconfiguring CMC to talk to CCC.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:33 pm

On a fresh install, you simply go into CMC's settings and configure the top CCC section to point at your CCC PC. If it's the same PC, you simply use localhost as the PC name.

pks

Post by pks » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:04 pm

Thanks. I'll try it soon and see how it goes.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:53 am

Any luck?