Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Broken in v2.0] If on update screen too long arrow keys won't work

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

[Broken in v2.0] If on update screen too long arrow keys won't work

Post by Jamie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:16 pm

The last two updates, I have taken time to read the update notes and noticed that the arrow keys no longer work. I have to kill CMC and start it up again to do the update. Maybe the screensaver, or something, causes the focus to change away from the update window and I just can't figure out how to get the focus back to the update window. Also, maybe this is Paul's punishment to me for being a slow reader. :lol:

Pauven

Re: If on update screen too long arrow keys won't work

Post by Pauven » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Jamie wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:16 pm Also, maybe this is Paul's punishment to me for being a slow reader.
hahaha, you figured me out! Or maybe this is your way of telling me to write less!

Yeah, I've been having some challenges myself with the update process. Most notably when the auto-sync is enabled. To make remotes and arrow keys work for navigation, I have to track the current cursor position (i.e. Icon Bar, Cover Row A, Movie Settings Row 12, Update Prompt, etc.). I have dozens and dozens of these modes, so that when you press a key, be it a directional key, enter/ok, back, or something else, the program can react with the appropriate behavior.

What's likely happening is that when the screensaver starts up, I'm changing the input mode to show it is running, and failing to restore it to the previous value when you stop it.

What's really weird is that I was sure I tested this as working in v1.9. I must have tweaked something in 2.0 which is the first version I started noticing these types of issues.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into it.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter