Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to v7.0] CMC in 2.35:1 aspect ratio?

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
deibit

[Added to v7.0] CMC in 2.35:1 aspect ratio?

Post by deibit » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:19 pm

Hi!

I have tried to search in the forum but it looks like I am not able to find an answer.

I would like to use CMC with my projector (2.35:1 screen). When I run CMC it seems to default to a 16:9 aspect ratio, and I don't find a way to change it.

Is there a way to show the menu in 2.35.1 aspect ratio? Otherwise, I am projecting the image outside of the screen boundaries (which is not so sexy)

Thank you!

Pauven

Re: CMC in 2.35:1 aspect ratio?

Post by Pauven » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Hi deibit!

CMC will automatically letterbox (either on the sides or top/bottom) whenever you set your resolution to a non-16:9 ratio.

So, if you were able to display to 1920x817 (2.35 equivalent) instead of 1920x1080, then CMC would automatically scale down to only fill the available vertical space and put letterbox bars on the sides.

Currently there is not a way to set a custom size or ratio in CMC, so if you are not able to adjust your resolution, then I'm sorry at the moment I don't have any other solution for you.

I will put it on the to-do list to make this customizable in a future version.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: CMC in 2.35:1 aspect ratio?

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:16 pm

Hi deibit,

Sorry for the long delay. The next version of CMC, v7.0, will have an option to force 2.35 aspect ratio. This is configured in Settings > Display Settings > Force 2.35 Aspect Ratio:

image.png
image.png (263.06 KiB) Viewed 2527 times

The image above shows the effect as letterboxing on all 4 sides, as the GUI is shrunken down to fit in the reduced height. This will look better on a 2.35 screen, as there shouldn't be any black bars top or bottom, only on the sides.

Also note that the movie covers have always extended slightly off the screen on the left and right, so you will see this as the movies extend beyond the border and onto the black bars.

Hopefully the meets your needs. You can make it look better by setting the background to a black wallpaper, that way you won't notice the black bars so much in normal browsing.

CMC v7.0 will be released in a couple days, on Halloween.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter