Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Broken in v6] MPLS pointer issue

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
kkwoodbrey

[Broken in v6] MPLS pointer issue

Post by kkwoodbrey » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:12 pm

I have a problem with a TV series (Stargate Atlantis Blu-ray). I added it to My Movies by DIsc ID and mapped the MPLS episodes. I then exported it using CCC. The export had no errors. When I try to play it using CMC with MPCBE it does not play. I verified the MLPS was correct by playing it with MPCBE standalone. I tried deleting the season and adding it but that did not help. Is there a way to see what entries are in the database or detail logging when CMC tries to play it? I have hundreds of TV series and this is the only one with an issue.

Pauven

Re: MPLS pointer issue

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:05 am

Yeah, in CMC enable Debug Logging, then try to play the episode. A PlayClick debug log file should be created, providing helpful insight into the issue. Feel free to share it with me too.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

kkwoodbrey

Post by kkwoodbrey » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:01 am

It appears that there is no entry for the disc even though the export doesn't see them missing. Episode 2 is missing since episodes one and two are in the same MLPS file. Is there a more detailed logging for the CCC export?

PlayClick Debug Log Generated 1/21/2023 9:50:10 AM with CMC v6.0.2022.1103
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** BEGIN OF PLAYCLICK DEBUG LOG ***
Season 1, Episode 1
MPLS , Title Number , Chapter Number , ISO Episode=False
Validating Disc Location:
Location is NULL - exiting
Player=MPCBE
Player Commandline= "" /dvd /fullscreen /play /close
Launching 'Media Player Classic'
*** END OF PLAYCLICK DEBUG LOG ***

* Scanning "Stargate Atlantis" for unexported Episodes...
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E002
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E006
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E007
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E008
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E009
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E010
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E011
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E012
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E013
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E014
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E015
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E016
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E017
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E018
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E019
[SKIPPING] Episode Location is NULL for S01-E020
Attachments
image.png
image.png (91.53 KiB) Viewed 3214 times
image.png
image.png (91.53 KiB) Viewed 3214 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:35 am

Your observation that the export doesn't see episode 1 as missing doesn't mean that episode 1 is properly mapped, it only means it was exported in an earlier CCC step. CCC tries to export episodes two different ways, with the 2nd way (shown in your screenshot) scanning for anything missed by the first method.

No, there is not a more detailed logging option, but there should be more info that what you showed. In CCC, type Stargate Atlantis into the text box, do NOT select TV Series only, and then run a Full Export. This should show everything that CCC exports for that show, including Disc Titles and TV Series. Then share that log data.

One other thing we can do now is review the CMC_MovieDB.xml file. This file is human readable (unlike the CMC_MovieDB.bin file), but because it is slow to create it only gets written when Debug Logging is on. Make sure the datestamp on CMC_MovieDB.xml is recent (yesterday or newer), and then email it to me. If the file is missing or older, then enable debug logging, then run a sync, which should cause it to be recreated.

kkwoodbrey

Post by kkwoodbrey » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:44 pm

I sent the two files via e-mail

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:11 pm

Got them, thanks!

According to the CCC export log, episodes 1, 3, 4 & 5 were exported, which does seem to suggest that some data for them exists.

Looking in the CMC_MovieDB.xml file, I found the Stargate Atlantis TV Series, and I see episode info for season 1 episodes 1-20. In all episodes, the MPLS # is missing, and the Location is blank. Example, here's Season 1 Episode 1:
CMC_XML_Data wrote:E ID="69a2f6b9-ac75-411e-b0af-55592161ba6d" Ctry="United States" FA="7/16/2004 12:00:00 AM" N="S01-E001: Rising (1)" R="8.0" RT="" RTS="0" W="True" WCMC="False" MPLS="" Title="" Chapter="" L="" C="ctDVDFolder" A="-1" E="1" S="1"

I also located the separate Stargate Atlantis disc title data, and it correctly shows the disc location, but contains no episode data:
CMC_XML_Data wrote: <Discs>
<D C="ctUnknown" T="False" N="Disc 1" L="\\solar2\multimedia3\video\Series\Stargate Atlantis\Season 1\Disc 1" S="A" CS="">3991F3377FFA189D8645A24560EE019A647D9B47</D>
</Discs>
<Seasons>
<S S="1">
<Poster/>
<Banner/>
<Episodes/>
</S>

At this point, I would say the problem likely exists in My Movies Collection Management. You originally wrote that you mapped the MPLS episodes, but what I'm seeing is that this data is missing. Can you show a screenshot of MMCM showing at least one mapped episode? We need to first confirm the data really is in MM before further troubleshooting the export of that data.

kkwoodbrey

Post by kkwoodbrey » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:23 pm

Stargate.png
Stargate.png (394.1 KiB) Viewed 3208 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:11 am

Hmph. Well doesn't that just look perfect.

Okay, next step, we need to examine the XML data that the My Movies API is providing. Please open the following URL in a browser on your MyMovies/CCC PC, and email or post here the full text output (use the </> "Code" button for posting XML here):

http://Localhost:51415/?command=GetTitleAndPersonalData&ID=4608&IncludeMediaInfo=True&ExcludeDiscTitles=False&APIKey=ABCDE

NOTE: You will need to change the highlighted API Key value from ABCDE to the one for your My Movies install. You can check in CCC Settings > My Movies API Authentication for that key value.

kkwoodbrey

Post by kkwoodbrey » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:15 pm

Requested file now attached.
Last edited by kkwoodbrey on Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:17 pm

If Paul can't find an answer and you're still stuck, I recommend as a last resort that you delete all the discs with all the mappings and renter them manually from scratch. I believe that I have had an issue like this in the past and I remember that it was the only way I could fix a situation like this issue. I know it's a lot of work and that's why I say do it as a last resort.