Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Program remote to switch between two movie sorts

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
dsteinschneider

Program remote to switch between two movie sorts

Post by dsteinschneider » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:18 pm

I set my system to default the movie sort to added date descending but users in the house didn't like it. It would be great if there was a way to assign one of the remote buttons to swap between two sorts. Navigating the menus to sort is too many clicks, especially when using a PC keyboard which is what people tend to use here. Maybe I'll play around with autohotkey and see if I can get it to do it. Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated.

Pauven

Re: Program remote to switch between two movie sorts

Post by Pauven » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:43 pm

CTRL+S is the hotkey to open the Sort menu, so that should cut down on the navigation a little. You can add that to your remote config (not in CMC, you'd need other software to do this).

On the off chance you can use CMC's Advanced Remote Mapper, this same shortcut is built-in, but you must have a true RC6 IR receiver to use that feature, and for the most part I assume no one uses this feature.

I like your suggestion, though, and I'll look into that type of functionality for a future release.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:29 pm

Hi Paul,

I read all the material I could find on the Inteset 4-in-1 IR Remote Control Model: INT-422-4 - I found no mention of RC6 so perhaps that's why I didn't make out well trying to implement CMC's Advanced Remote Mapper.

It looks my HP remotes are R6 compatible - the ones that came with HP media centers

Doug

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:42 am

I love Inteset products, and the ones I have happen to be RC6 compatible, but that may not be true of all. Worth a try. In CMC you can enable the Advanced Remote Mapper, and even use the default mappings as a quick test. You'll have to enable the two processes in the mapper, and then reboot (if I remember correctly).

If it doesn't work, then just reverse those steps to be back where you were before the test.

Not sure if that's how you tried the test that didn't work for you. During the test, you can open the CMC SysTray Service from the system tray, and it has a real-time debug log window that makes it easier to test.

The important factor is not the remote, but the receiver. The CMC Advanced Remote Mapper runs a MCE specific DLL to talk to RC6 receivers, and it doesn't work with any other kind of receiver. I'd like to add support for more, but unfortunately, there seem to be hundreds of competing standards so it presents a huge undertaking.

Having an RC6 remote doesn't impact anything. Many receivers can accept commands from various IR remote standards. But the receiver has to use that specific DLL on your PC or else it won't work.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter