Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] Category issues when upgrading to 6.0 from 5.0

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
p64imp

[Fixed in v7.0] Category issues when upgrading to 6.0 from 5.0

Post by p64imp » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:55 pm

Hi,

One issue i'm having after upgrading to the latest v6 release is that my categories are not being read properly from the database. See this Imgur post for what it looked like before/after update:

https://imgur.com/a/DF6NU1l

I'm wondering if there is a fix for this? I use category filters all the time, so this is a real breaking change for me unfortunately =(

I have around 5k movies where i stored custom categories by hand for every single movie, huge effort.

Let me know if you want me to do any digging for you, executing any queries in the db to view what is there and reporting back, etc to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks!
Attachments
20230326_195622.jpg
20230326_195622.jpg (1.9 MiB) Viewed 3745 times
20230326_195622.jpg
image.png
image.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 3745 times
image.png
image.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 3745 times
20230326_195622.jpg

Pauven

Re: Category issues when upgrading to 6.0 from 5.0

Post by Pauven » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:16 am

Thanks for reporting this issue p64imp. Sorry, I don't have a fix ready to go, I didn't know about this issue until now. I'll dig into it.

v6 changed the columns from 3 to 4. I have some users with a lot of categories (over 100 if I recall correctly), and 3 columns just wasn't enough for them.

I thought we had tested this change pretty well, but you've definitely uncovered an issue or three in my code.

Please confirm or correct the following observations:
  • You have exactly 25 Categories
  • You have a newly added Category in your v6 images, Holiday
  • The duplicate title, Hitchcock, should be Halloween
  • The 3 issues are:
    1. Halloween shows as Hitchcock
    2. Checkbox missing for Superheros
    3. Your selections are not applied correctly when filtering, i.e. you select TV and you get Christmas

For now, I would recommend you revert to v5 since this is affecting you. You can also turn off the check for updates option in the settings so you won't be prompted to upgrade every time you start CMC.

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

p64imp

Re: [Broken in v6] Category issues when upgrading to 6.0 from 5.0

Post by p64imp » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:25 am

You nailed it for most of your points below. Point 3 isn't entirely the case. When I select one category it sometimes exposes another... But when I select some categories it applies a filter that seemingly makes no sense at all.

I did add holiday, but when I saw the issue in v6, I assumed it was my new category add that caused the issue. I removed the category and the issue persisted. I then restored a recent back up in a state before holiday was even added, and some how it still showed up....?

I then did a fresh install of the cmc App... Holiday some how still shows up. No idea how but it does.

I have 25 categories.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:54 pm

To get Holiday to go away, I think you have to do a Full Export in CCC / Full Sync in CMC. Otherwise, CCC/CMC keeps the reference even if you don't currently have any titles pointing at it. If a Full Export/Sync doesn't make it go away, please open a new issue for me to track and resolve it.

Thanks for confirming the rest. This is one of those features that is a real bugger to test/replicate/troubleshoot/fix, so it will probably take me a while to work through it. If I need any assistance from you, I'll post here.

Thanks.

p64imp

Post by p64imp » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:41 pm

BTW i did do a full export/full sync. Holiday is still there. One of the first things i tried.

Pauven

Re: [Fixed, Version TBD] Category issues when upgrading to 6.0 from 5.0

Post by Pauven » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:13 pm

I went through the Category display code and found a handful of bugs affecting the Category duplication and incorrect positioning of checkboxes. I think I've fixed them now, at least it is working on my test setup.

The fix will be in the next version, and when we get to Beta testing I would like you to see if it fixes it on your setup too. I'm not sure when that beta will be available, probably sometime in August.

I also looked at how CCC handles building the Category list on a Full Export, and I was right that CCC resets the list to no Categories, then re-adds them one-by-one as it does the Full Export. That means the only way for a Category to be in CMC after a Full Export is if the Category exists in My Movies AND is actually associated with at least one Title.

So if you have Holiday re-appearing after a Full Export, then I think that means you still have it assigned in My Movies to at least one Title.