Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v2.1] PowerDVD 17 not Auto Playing Mounted ISO

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
vanillagorillanb

[Fixed in v2.1] PowerDVD 17 not Auto Playing Mounted ISO

Post by vanillagorillanb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi,

I was searching and couldn't find anything but is anyone else having trouble with PowerDVD not going right into play? It takes me to their software and I have to click OK again to start the disc. Not the end of the world but it sucks with TV shows because I want to be able to go right to the episodes but now I can't because of this. It just takes you to the menu as if I inserted the disc in a normal player.

Is this an issue with PowerDVD 17. I couldn't find a setting in the program itself to auto start. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Should I upgrade to '18?

Pauven

Re: PowerDVD 17 not Auto Playing Mounted ISO

Post by Pauven » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi vanillagorillanb,

By coincidence, I have the same problem with my PowerDVD 17 install. I also have PowerDVD 13 installed that autoplays just fine.

I have other users on PowerDVD 17 that autoplay okay, so I had assumed I just had a bad install, plus I recall that when I first installed PDVD 17 it autoplayed okay. I was planning to reinstall PDVD 17 to troubleshoot.

Your report of autoplay issues is the first I've received for any version. Combined with my own experience, maybe there is something wrong with PDVD 17. I'll do some more investigation on my end.

You may want to try reinstalling 17 as a first step to see if that helps you.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

vanillagorillanb

Post by vanillagorillanb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:02 pm

I'll give that a shot. I upgraded to '18 anyways. I'll report back.

vanillagorillanb

Post by vanillagorillanb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:21 am

Well I uninstalled '17 and then installed '18 and there is no change. Same behavior. I wonder if there are some registry keys I should delete before I install. The uninstaller did ask if I wanted to keep my settings which I chose not to so I'm not sure what's going on. If you come up with anything please keep me informed. I'll keep tinkering on my end too but I'm trying to figure out my Plex server as well as that keeps giving me trouble as well.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Well, I've got some good news, then some bad news, but then some more good news.

Some Good News:
I've identified the problem with PDVD 17 (and presumably 18). For whatever reason, if you include the AUTOPLAY parameter on the command line, it DOES NOT AUTOPLAY. If you omit the AUTOPLAY parameter, it DOES AUTOPLAY!!! Way to go Cyberlink! And this is the exact opposite of how earlier versions of PowerDVD behave, which require the AUTOPLAY parameter to actually, you know, autoplay.

Some Bad News:
Once I realized the solution, I jumped into the CMC settings and disabled the PDVD Autoplay option. Guess what - it didn't work! I had to doublecheck my code to find the reason. There's a bug in CMC that causes the drive letter to be omitted when you turn the PDVD Autoplay option off, and without the drive letter PowerDVD won't autoplay anything. Doh!!!

Some More Good News:
I'll fix this in the next version, currently scheduled for early December. Also, DVD Folders and video files autoplay fine, this only affects ISO's.

Sorry for the delay in getting the fix out. I'm in the middle of heavily reworking the menus, so that is controlling when I can release fixes at the moment.

If anyone has Power DVD 14, 15, or 16, I would appreciate feedback on whether discs autoplay when you launch them from CMC. I have 13, which requires the AUTOPLAY parameter, and 17 which doesn't work with it, but I don't know in what version this change happened.

Paul

Pauven

Re: [Fixed in v2.1] PowerDVD 17 not Auto Playing Mounted ISO

Post by Pauven » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Just a quick note, I've fixed this in v2.1, which should be released in early December. Thanks for bring this to my attention.

Paul

vanillagorillanb

Post by vanillagorillanb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 am

Awesome! Thank you. I love this software, if it only had been around the whole time (it is so much faster than WMC).

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:43 pm

vanillagorillanb wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 amit is so much faster than WMC
I've been working on making 2.1 even faster. 😎