Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

I [didn't] give up

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
robert5733

Re: I [didn't] give up

Post by robert5733 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:43 pm

Update: Hooked the second linked computer up and it plays fine. Something with the main server computer not opening powerdvd. I will try removing and installing powerdvd and see what happens while I await a response

robert5733

Post by robert5733 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:05 am

Wow....a simple checkmark. Went through settings, since I played with so many in the setup, and compared them with the linked computer. Right click CMC and In properties I went through every setting. The only difference was run as administrator. I set that in the server while trying to get everything linked up. Removed the run as administrator, and am working again.
Of note...music played fine, it was only powerdvd that appeared to have a problem.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:49 pm

How interesting, I don't think I would have ever guessed that would be the root cause of that issue.

So on your server PC, you had CMC set to run as Administrator, and in turn it was failing to launch PowerDVD. I can't think of a good reason why that would cause PowerDVD to fail. Perhaps it was in my logic to check the executable's path that didn't work correctly as admin. I'll have to play around with it on my end and see if I can reproduce this scenario.

Good work on figuring it out!!!
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter