Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[RESOLVED] - [ERROR] EIdSocketError: Socket Error

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
p64imp

[RESOLVED] - [ERROR] EIdSocketError: Socket Error

Post by p64imp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:06 pm

Hi,

I just started hitting a socket error when connecting and am wondering what the issue may be? All i did was reboot...

I checked and the api key matches with MyMovies collection manager still, nothing changed there!

Any idea why this is happening? I am able to manage my collection fine through collection manager, so the service and db have no issues... I did not have a recent windows password change or anything like that to effect the service either. All are working fine! And i changed absolutely no settings... all i did was a reboot!
Help! :)

Error i get:

Code: Select all

*****************************************************************************
                   **     CMC Metadata Exporter v7.0.2023.1031 Log - 4/9/2024 6:02:07 PM      **
                   ** Changes Only Export - Looking for all changes since 4/9/2024 1:31:19 PM **

[ERROR] EIdSocketError:  Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  !!                                                                                                           !!
  !!  NOTE: The connection to the My Movies API has changed in CME v4.0. Now CME can connect to the My Movies  !!
  !!        API on both desktop and Windows Home Essentials / Home Server installs using port # 51415.         !!
  !!                                                                                                           !!
  !!  The My Movies API runs inside of the "My Movies General Service". Please make sure that this service     !!
  !!  is running in Windows Services (Windows Task Manager > Services tab) on your main My Movies PC.          !!

ABORTING!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

p64imp

Re: [ERROR] EIdSocketError: Socket Error

Post by p64imp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:08 pm

Ignore!!!! Sorry, embarrassing... i read the full error message, and yes, you guessed it, the service was stopped LOL!

oof. nothing to see here!

Pauven

Re: [RESOLVED] - [ERROR] EIdSocketError: Socket Error

Post by Pauven » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:12 pm

Yay, I'm glad the troubleshooting tip helped you. It was an easy guess, as in my experience that General Service crashes way too often. Though to be fair to Binnerup, it's an issue I haven't really seen in years myself.

Just a thought - if you didn't stop the General Service, then that means it probably crashed, and this is often due to some internal My Movies errors which often persist for a while. So keep an eye on it, and if you see if stop again, then enable debug logging in My Movies, and use the log to determine what is causing the crash. Often it is a particular title that freaks out the service.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter