Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in 7.1] Movie Dates all 01/01/9999 ?

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
michae1a1ee

Re: [Broken for non-US regions] Movie Dates all 01/01/9999 ?

Post by michae1a1ee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am

Just did a reboot of the CCC/CMC test PC right now. No change in CMC to the date. Still showing MM/DD/YYYY in Regional Settings and Collection Management.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

The Collection Management GUI is not representative of how the API works.

So to verify the change, you would need to view the GetTitle URL that I had you check yesterday. Look for the <ReleaseDate> tag, same as I showed above.

You would need to run the Full Export after verifying the ReleaseDate is using slashes.

Also, to save time, you can do a Full Export for just The Firm, and see if the fix shows up in CMC, before committing hours to a complete Full Export.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 am

Looks like we're narrowing the issue.
I went back to the URL for GetTitle. Here are a few lines of it including the <ReleaseDate> tag:

<ProductionYear>1993</ProductionYear>
<ReleaseDate>5-29-2011</ReleaseDate>
<ReleaseDateDisplay>2011-05-29</ReleaseDateDisplay>
<RunningTime>154</RunningTime>

So... no slashes. Meanwhile in Regional Settings, I'm seeing the slahes.
image.png
image.png (22.12 KiB) Viewed 179 times
I went back to CCC, ran a Full Export again with "the firm" in the filter. As expected, it did the export properly for just the one movie. I went back to the GetTitle URL and refreshed it. Still using hyphens, not slashes. Same as shown above.

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 am

For shits and giggles, I just did a search for "releasedate" in the GetMovie URL as well seeing as I still had it too opened in a different browser tab. Release date in that XML file/URL does appear to have been updated with slashes! Does this help in the troubleshooting to find a solution?

From the GetMovie URL for "The Firm":
<CountrySpecific>
<Country>United States</Country>
<ReleaseDate>6/23/1993 12:00:00 AM</ReleaseDate>
<Rating>6</Rating>
<RatingCause>Rated R for language and some violence.</RatingCause>
<Website>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Firm_ ... )</Website>
</CountrySpecific>
<NeutralPart>
<Country>Neutral</Country>
<ReleaseDate/>
<Rating>-1</Rating>
<RatingCause/>
<Website/>
</NeutralPart>

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 am

Answering my own question, noting that the dates are different, I see one is likely the date the movie was released to the public in theaters (June 23, 1993) and the other is the date the Disc was released (May 29, 2011). Collection management is showing the Disc Release of May 29, 2011, the one with the hyphens which is really the only important one here. You're right that the only important data is in the GetTitle XML file.

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

Another thought:
You had me change the Regional Settings on my CCC PC (which I also do my edits in Collection Management from, and run CMC to test from).
BUT, CCC points to the My Movies API on my Windows 10 "Server PC" that actually hosts my movie collection. The Server PC still has Windows Regional Settings for Short Date in the form "2024-04-27" and Collection Management on that Server PC displays "The Firm" Disc Release as "2011-05-29". I know you said that the way Collection Management shows/lists the date is a misleader, but I just wanted to mention this nuance of my setup in case the Server PC plays any role in this.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 pm

Sorry, I should have thought to ask if My Movies is running on the same PC as CCC (that's what I usually recommend, for best performance).

Since the issue is with the My Movies API (not with CCC), the Short Date needs to be changed on the My Movies PC only.

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 pm

On my Server PC (which houses my media collection and has the installation of My Movies with the API Key I specify/use in CCC on my Desktop PC) I did the following:
Changed the Regional Format to English (US). Set the Short Date to 04/27/2024
Verified that Collection Management showed the Disc Release date as MM/DD/YYYY and then Rebooted the server.

On my Desktop PC running CCC, I then:
Ran Full Export Now with "the firm" in the filter box
I checked the URL for the GetTitle XML data and once again the date still shows the same:
<ProductionYear>1993</ProductionYear>
<ReleaseDate>5-29-2011</ReleaseDate>
<ReleaseDateDisplay>2011-05-29</ReleaseDateDisplay>
<RunningTime>154</RunningTime>

Nothing seems to be changing the date format output in that Export file.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 am

I briefly thought I was losing my sanity, so I double-checked the response of my own My Movies installation:

<VideoStandard>NTSC</VideoStandard>
<ProductionYear>1994</ProductionYear>
<ReleaseDate>5/25/1999</ReleaseDate>
<ReleaseDateDisplay>5/25/1999</ReleaseDateDisplay>
<RunningTime>141</RunningTime>

Sure enough, I'm getting slash field delimeters. I checked the region settings, and they were M/D/YYYY. I then changed this to YYYY-MM-DD, and immediately checked the API URL's results, and the date was unchanged, still M/D/YYYY.

So I rebooted and checked again. And, somehow, it still remains M/D/YYY. So no matter what I set Windows to, the delimiter remains a slash for me.

I have a hunch that this is being set and stored in either My Movies or the MS SQL Server database software itself, but at install time. So whatever your PC was set to during install stays forever.

Please, do NOT attempt to uninstall/reinstall. I mention this only as a theory, not a recommendation. That's way too much work for you, especially since I've already coded a fix in CCC.

I would like to understand the mechanics behind this. I think I'll post a comment on Binnerup's forum and see if he can provide an answer.

I'll also work on bundling up a beta version of CMC v7.1, which includes the fix to work with dashes in dates.

Honestly, I'm a little baffled that this issue hasn't bubbled up earlier in the past 7 years. I do know that a lot of people have tried CMC and ultimately gave up on it, especially in other countries, but I have no idea of their reasons for not continuing to use CMC. Perhaps it's little date issues like this, that essentially break CMC.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 am

I posted in the My Movies forum: https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=47420

I'll work on getting the CMC v7.1 Beta 1 ready. I need to button up a few items before I can post it. I'll aim for today, but no guarantees...