Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

My Movies Version 5.25 Pre-Release now available

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

My Movies Version 5.25 Pre-Release now available

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi,

The Mymovies Version 5.25 preRelease is now available on the mymovies website in the windows download section.

Jamie

Pauven

Re: Industry News & Discussion

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Awesome tip, thanks Jamie.

I thought it would be a good idea to post the changelog here, we can talk about what's new.

My Movies 5.25 Pre Release 1
Added: Option to assign TV Series episodes on disc titles to the disc title itself, instead of through the disc structure. This will be used to easier mark which episodes a title holds, even though it will not be able to be used for direct playback of episodes, nor by the video converter to convert episodes on tv series discs. It is an option that is intended to be used only when it is not possible to assign the episodes to the structure.
Added: Supports directly volume control to event handlers.
Added: Option to create a PDF report of titles displayed on screen, in the order displayed.
Allows a user to create a PDF report of a filtered set of titles, or a specific group. 1250 points required.
Added: mk3d as file type option for monitoring and import, when file is not recorded as perceivedType=video in Windows.
Added: More meta-data for person profiles, including ability to handle different persons with same name.
Added: Reporting of more information when editing titles, such as if a title is waiting for moderation, if another title with same barcode and country is, or if a box set is waiting for merge confirmation.

Change: PDF report function now automatically logs in on website.
Change: Updated percentage calculation on disc titles to include new data options, and award points for high. res covers.
Change: The bridge device handler interface have been updated to be able to provide better error feedback.
Change: The Oppo bridge functonality was updated to use a different communication protocol for remote control, with better power state feedback. This also includes experimental support for remote playback.
Change: Persons now holds an internal online service id instead of just a name, which allows for moderators to add another profile to a person with the same name, and users can select between the persons if two exists.
Change: If a barcode is not found in the country searched for, the app now ask if you want to see results for other countries.
Change: Movie and TV Series searches are now simplyfied without language selection.
Change: App now prompts to use inherited cast and crew when entering an imdb id on a disc title.
Change: The software now installs SQL Server 2014 SP3 on fresh installs. If you want to upgrade to SQL Server 2014 SP3, uninstall, use our clean tool (search uninstall on kb.mymovies.dk) and re-install.

Fix: When mapping episodes, the episodes added though direct disc edit was not cleared.
Fix: Issue with remote play paths for movie profile elements not being stored correct for online service.
Fix: Video converter attempted to handle unsupported media as VIDEO_TS iso files. It is now giving a better error message in such situation.
Fix: The add to group and categories in add titles dialog displayed incorrectly when window was resized.
Fix: Issue with reading disc id from disc with "FAB" folder.
Fix: If only the rating was changed on a disc title, it was not stored correct when saving.
Fix: Importing cast and crew from IMDB broke
Fix: The confirm all cover scaling factors prompt for box sets did not work.
Fix: The software was unable to read media info on 4K Ultra HD iso files.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: Industry News & Discussion

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Changelog wrote: Added: Option to assign TV Series episodes on disc titles to the disc title itself, instead of through the disc structure. This will be used to easier mark which episodes a title holds, even though it will not be able to be used for direct playback of episodes, nor by the video converter to convert episodes on tv series discs. It is an option that is intended to be used only when it is not possible to assign the episodes to the structure.

This first one has really caught my eye. Lately I've had several users struggling to get episode meta-data to export. The root cause is that they typically have the TV Series as the top level, rather than having the TV Series beneath the Disc level. The Disc level is where you tell MMCM the folder/filepath to use, and this gets passed down to the TV Series for writing the meta-data.

This MMCM requirement is a pain, and doubly so for users who have their TV Episodes as video files (MP4/WTV, etc) and don't have the original discs at all to even begin the Disc level configuration, including the Disc ID so you can assign Episodes to the Disc.

I'm very curious if this 5.25 change will affect this, maybe for the better.

Changelog wrote: ...even though it will not be able to be used for direct playback of episodes, nor by the video converter to convert episodes on tv series discs.

Just read it again, and this sentence tells the story that this probably won't be helpful for CMC users.

Pauven

Re: My Movies Version 5.25 Pre-Release now available

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:46 pm

One thing I don't see in the list of changes is anything related to the API. :cry:

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:41 pm

I noticed that Brian did not add PowerDVD 18, or 19 to the external player option.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Just a reminder, you probably want a full backup of your PC before you play with 5.25.

And when you do play with it, we need to verify that the mymovies.xml meta-data files are still 'CMC compatible'. Maybe just force-write meta-data for a title here and there and see if it's different, and if CMC likes it.

I'll do the same, but I'm not sure when I can get to it.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks for the warning. Always good rule to follow.

Jamie

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:41 am

There were issues with yesterdays Mymovies prerelease upload. Brian Binnerup stated that it is now fixed.

https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=44950

Jamie